• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to OC with me at Starbucks in Ballwin

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I will be at the Starbucks inBallwin open carrying this Sat,May 1stfrom 6pm till 7pm. Anyone wanting to join me, just say hi or come down to see if I get tackled by the local LEO's. Feel free to stop in.Ballwin is OC legal to the state's definition( ie a CCW is not required). I do not claim responsibility for any heart-ship joining me may or may not cause you. This is not an official gathering just a notice of my where abouts at that time on that day. If you are wanting to come but need to read the city ordinances for yourself andwould like to see how to look up the codes I will post such info if requested.

Starbucks address is: 14900 Manchester Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011

Doc

DSCF2296.jpg

nrepuyan

imported post

i may actually attempt to make my way out there...be nice to meet up with some other OC friendly people...the stl area is hurting very badly on the terms of some LE agencies needing to be "re-educated" and people needing to see that just because someone is wearing a gun, doesn't make them a bad person by any means.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Hey Superlite,

I feel a OC movement coming lol...Hey If you give me your email I'll send you a copy of my St Louis OC map I have one in jpeg and one in photoshop's file for easy tweaking. Do you use photoshop?

Doc

silo

imported post

Got some vintage base ball games in U City beforehand, so I'm hoping to make it! Depends on the wife.. haha!

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite,

You could be less obvious, like, Hey here is the weapons code for Ballwin if anyone wanted to see.

Ballwin Weapons code

Sec. 17-54. Weapons generally.

(a)It shall be unlawful for any person to wear under his clothes, or to conceal about his person, or to display in a threatening manner any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not by way of limitations, any pistol; revolver; slingshot; blackjack; cross-knuckles or knuckles of lead, brass or other metal; or any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, razor or any knife resembling a bowie knife or having a blade in excess of 2 1/2 inches in length; or any other dangerous or deadly weapon.

(b)It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell, display, use, possess or carry any knife having the appearance of a pocket knife, the blade of which can be opened by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle or other mechanical contrivance. Any such knife is hereby declared to be a dangerous or deadly weapon and shall be subject to forfeiture to the city as provided in this section.

(c)Every person convicted of any violation of this section shall forfeit to the city such dangerous or deadly weapon so concealed or displayed.

(d)Nothing in this section shall be construed to forbid United States marshals, sheriffs, constables and their deputies and any regular, special or ex officio police officer; or any other law enforcement officer of the United States, the state, the county or the city; or any other authorized member of the city government from carrying or wearing, while on duty, such weapons as shall be necessary in the proper discharge of their duties.

(e)It shall be the duty of every police officer, upon making any arrest and taking such a concealed weapon from the person of the offender, to deliver the same to the evidence custodian of the police department, to be held by him until the final determination of the prosecution for such offense; and upon a finding of guilt, it shall then be the duty of the chief of police to dispose of such weapon as directed by the municipal judge.

(Code 1973, § 16-40)

State law references: Weapons offenses, RSMo 571.010 et seq.; unlawful use of weapons, RSMo 571.030.

Doc

Superlite27

imported post

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes, reading the municipal code of different cities can be quite the riot.

Did you know:

According to Ballwin municipal code, it is completely illegal to "assemble for the purpose of trouncing upon another".

"Trouncing"? What the hell is "trouncing"? I'm guessing they mean ganging up to roll someone, but "trouncing"? Jeez. What is this 1865?

It's all right there in Article II section 17-31.1 Disorderly Conduct.

#11) Accosting or attempting to pick up or attempting to force the company of a person upon any female.

Guess you can't hit on girls in Ballwin. Pick up lines are completely against the law....for women. Yet, it doesn't say a thing about guys. If some homosexual makes unwanted advances toward me, I guess there isn't a thingI can do about it, yet it says "attempting to pick up" in the code.....

...so my offer to buy a woman a cup of coffee is completely verboten.

Harrassment by Perez Hilton = O.K. Asking a girl for her number = jail.

#12) Uttering in the presence of another any bawdy, lewd, or obscene words or epithets.

"Bawdy"? Come on!....... "Bawdy"?

It doesn't even say "unwanted" bawdy words. Just bawdy.

Dirty jokes are illegal in Ballwin. Whether you want to hear them or not. You can only say them when you're by yourself.

#15) Using "fighting words" toward any person.

???

What are "fighting words"?

Your mother wears combat boots!

They've probably never heard of that one. Too "cutting edge".

#19 is a complete riot. It goes into derogatory words pertaining to all kinds of deviate sexual behavior including, but not limited to referring to the sexual organs of hermaphrodites in a drogatory manner.

Note to travellers to Ballwin:Derogatory terms concerning the private areas of hermaphrodites will land you in JAIL.

Amazingly, taking a crap on the sidewalk seems to be perfectly fine. Just don't refer to it using any "bawdy" words.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I want to thank all who showed up and OC-ed at Starbucks Ballwin last night. There was 6 of us. Probably the largest gathering of OC citizens ever in west St Louis County. There was:Big Mike,Superlite,Salty,The Angry Falconer,Nrepuyan and Me(Doc).

DSCF2343.jpg
DSCF2342.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg
DSCF2340.jpg

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

MO,

It went very well. We all sat outside talked shop and traded stories for what ended up being over 3 hours. We had exposure to at least 50 people and 2 officers came through at different times for coffee. You could see their curiosity and awareness of OC firearms but neither was alarmed or concerned for that matter.

Doc

nrepuyan

imported post

it nice to have been coincidentally run into everyone there. :shock:

was pretty good time...weather wasn't bad at all and didn't have a single hitch....except for maybe some "bawdy" comments and "fighting words". nice meeting those of you that were present. definitely looking forward to the next location.

doc anyway that i could get the better quality pics emailed to me after you create the "blur"?

silo

imported post

Dang, wish I could have made it!

Out of curiosity, what's the badge-looking thing on the guy dressed in the black shirt?

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

mofalloncarry wrote:
Dang, wish I could have made it!

Out of curiosity, what's the badge-looking thing on the guy dressed in the black shirt?

That is a personal friend of mine. He isn't a LEO but works in an "enforcement" field. Forhis privacy and personal safety,Iwill notsay his employment,name or show a close up picture of his face on an open forum. Sorry about the cloak and dagger stuff but I respect his request.

Doc