• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

intended victim shoots mugger in New Haven

JUMPMASTER

imported post

From the Hartford Courant:
Intended Victim Shoots Apparent Mugger

Doug Stewart FOX CT
2:39 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2010

• Print

• # Text Size

NEW HAVENA would-be mugger was shot after an argument with his intended victim Monday afternoon, witnesses said.

New Haven police said the attempted robbery took place near St. Michael's Church, at 29 Wooster Place, shortly after 1 p.m. The person who was shot was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital.

Witnesses said a man in his 40s tried to mug a man in his 50s. Alexander Bragg said people in the area heard an argument and several shots. Witnesses said the intended victim shot the other man, who was attempting to rob him.

Check back for more information.

Rich B

imported post

Considering how much I am there, I am surprised (and happy) this happened to someone other than me.

I am also glad that (so far) this seems to have gone well for the intended victim.

Carry on!

GoldCoaster

imported post

Charged? He should be refunded the cost of the 2 rounds he fired off, that needs to come out of the perp's funds. I'd make him pay for bore patches and some CLP too.

"You caused him to expend 2 rounds at $0.50 each, and dirty his pistol so some patches and a can of CLP plus the $1 worth of ammo, that will be an even $5 please" Now put on your orange jump suit and report to bubba.

Chubs2287

imported post

Darn! I was beaten on trying to post the article here. Anyway I'm sure their are going to be a lot of outragous comments left on that board.

+1 Right to Carry

Leverdude

imported post

The thing to watch is civil suit. I'm happily surprised that he wont be charged with a crime here in CT but really hope he doesn't end up in civil court & maybe supporting the muggers family.

Just a Guy

imported post

What do you suppose they mean in the Courant article (toward the end) by "Police are interviewing the intended victim and said the gun was registered and he was properly licensed to carry it."?

Do we register our guns in CT? Or (more likely) is this a poorly written sentence?

Rich B

imported post

Just a Guy wrote:
What do you suppose they mean in the Courant article (toward the end) by "Police are interviewing the intended victim and said the gun was registered and he was properly licensed to carry it."?

Do we register our guns in CT? Or (more likely) is this a poorly written sentence?

I think they are trying to say that he has a permit and the gun is legally possessed (and not stolen or anything). Seems like most people don't understand anything about the law these days...

bradco

imported post

Just a Guy wrote:

Whenever I purchase they make multiple copies and say that one will go to my local Police department, is that not registering?

JohnnyO

imported post

How much do you want to bet that representatives from "The Laws offices of Mark E. Salomone and Morelli" , "Trantolo & Trantolo" and a few other bottom feeders have already been to this skell's bedside?

Leverdude

imported post

bradco wrote:
Just a Guy wrote:

Whenever I purchase they make multiple copies and say that one will go to my local Police department, is that not registering?

Nope, close but registering would mean you need to inform them when you move or sold a gun etc & carry registration while carrying the gun. NYS has a registry system. Every gun is listed on your permit & its a crime to carry one not on the permit.

When you move to CT you can simply bring your guns with you. That paperwork records the sale, nothing more, yet.

stacks04

imported post

Leverdude wrote:
bradco wrote:
Just a Guy wrote:

Nope, close but registering would mean you need to inform them when you move or sold a gun etc & carry registration while carrying the gun. NYS has a registry system. Every gun is listed on your permit & its a crime to carry one not on the permit.

When you move to CT you can simply bring your guns with you. That paperwork records the sale, nothing more, yet.
it records the sale and it is kept in records storage at the pd. they know what you have.

LawHusky

imported post

JohnO wrote:
How much do you want to bet that representatives from "The Laws offices of Mark E. Salomone and Morelli" , "Trantolo & Trantolo" and a few other bottom feeders have already been to this skell's bedside?
Well if they are, maybe I should start advertising my services for people who do a great job legally defending themselves!

Before moving to The People's Republic of Connecticut, I lived in Memphis, TN, where folks who plugged criminals were treated like heroes and usually had their pic on the front of the newspaper. Those papers usually applauded the carrying citizens for doing a community service by whacking a bad guy. Too bad the Courant doesn't do the same, as it might have a deterrent effect (not that criminals read the paper much I suppose).

Loren M.

Molon Labe!

MGoduto

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Charged? He should be refunded the cost of the 2 rounds he fired off, that needs to come out of the perp's funds. I'd make him pay for bore patches and some CLP too.

"You caused him to expend 2 rounds at $0.50 each, and dirty his pistol so some patches and a can of CLP plus the $1 worth of ammo, that will be an even $5 please" Now put on your orange jump suit and report to bubba.

'...2 rounds at $0.50 each...'???

The poor guy should at least be given enough $$ to buy a box of Cor-Bon, instead of the cheap s***.

:cool:

mg

stacks04

imported post

MGoduto wrote:
GoldCoaster wrote:

'...2 rounds at $0.50 each...'???

The poor guy should at least be given enough $$ to buy a box of Cor-Bon, instead of the cheap s***.

:cool:

mg
i will certainly contribute to that fund:lol: