• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

intended victim shoots mugger in New Haven

Rich B

imported post

Of course that scumbag would say he didn't have a knife. The whole thing must be a big conspiracy against him.

He was looking for this man's wallet, now he is hoping for a fat lawsuit.

I hope the NHPD did a good job of making an airtight case against this scum. I hope his fingerprints are all over that knife.

Rich B

imported post

The NHPD have overstepped their bounds in confiscating his gun and permit. I hope his lawyer brings swift retaliation down upon the police department for that.

I am glad he has not been charged, but confiscation of his property is a huge insult and breach of his rights, especially after all he has been through.

twistedfury

imported post

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A man police said was shot during a robbery in New Haven has been arrested on charges of criminal attempt to commit robbery.

Police said Hector Santiago, was shot Monday in what police are calling an attempted robbery.

Police said William Kiselewsky, 65, of Southbury, shot Santiago as he tried to rob him in the area of Wooster Place . Kiselewsky’s gun was legally registered and he was not charged, police said.

Santiago was taken to an area hospital and remained in stable condition on Wednesday.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The Hartford Courant and all other news outlets would do everyone in Connecticut a great service by referring to victims of violent crimes in Connecticut as either "ARMED or UNARMED" when reporting incidents of shootings,robberies, assualts and home invasions.

Since the article where the 67 year old man in New Haven shot the person attempting to rob him at knife point in broad daylight, it now becomes newsworthy for everyone to know when victims are UNARMED and UNABLE to exercise their right of self defense through the use of firearms. An example would be “UNARMED citizen shot by ARMED criminal” or “UNARMED business owner/employee robbed by ARMED Robber”.

I for one would have preferred seeing this heading “DR. WILLIAM PETIT JR A LOCAL ARMED PHYSICIAN CONFRONTED TWO CRIMINALS AND SAVED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF CHESHIRE POLICE OFFICERS”.

The list of law abiding Connecticut citizens being confronted, wounded or killed by CRIMINALS ARMED WITH FIREARMS clearly demonstrates that the playing field is currently not level.

Edward Peruta

imported post

buketdude wrote:
Its sad they took his gun and permit!! I hope he gets both back!
I can see taking the firearm as evidence, but the Permit CANNOT be taken bylocal law enforcement unless it is INVALID. A referral/request for revocationmust be made to the Department of Public Safety SpecialLicense and Firearms Unit who must then conduct an investigationand find just cause to revoke.

Every person who possesses a valid Permit to Carryhas a LIBERTYINTEREST in their permit.

Rich B

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
I can see taking the firearm as evidence,

Even that seems a bit odd in such an open and shut case where the 'suspect' is admitting to using that weapon to shoot the 'victim' and no charges are to be filed.

I understand the concept, but it sure makes me nervous for this guy.

cbnlnk121

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
I can see taking the firearm as evidence

I agree as well, but with charges dropped then he should get it back.

Correct me but does CT have to distroy it with any case or only if used for other then self defense?

Hawkmoon

imported post

buketdude wrote:
Its sad they took his gun and permit!! I hope he gets both back!
Where did it say they took his gun and permit? All I have read in multiple articles is that the shooter was released. If they kept his gun (temporarily) for evidence I would not be surprised -- that would be standard procedure. There's no reason to take his permit, and I don't think there is any legal authority for them to do that unless he has been charged with (or convicted of) a crime.