Thread: Oc holster

Post imported post

Ok i have a S&W M&P 40c and i have my cpl i was just wondering if i should get a new holster for oc. I dont think i need a new one but just looking for opinions.
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

yeesh....i guess everyone got offline lol
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

What kind of holster do you currently use for CC? Even with a CPL I would still recommend an OWB holster with some type of active retention be it a Safariland, Serpa, BianchiCarry-lock,or a simple pancake holster with a retention strap.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

This is what I am thinking about buying for my FNP9. It is going to cost almost half as much as my gun did. :what:

I have 3 months to wait for a CPL so I want a highly visible holster with excellent retention (better than my hacked Serpa), but I couldnt decide between a tactical rig and a belt holster. The items below will give me 2 ways to wear the thigh rig and 2 different belt style holsters. The Quick Locking System pieces will allow me to quickly change from one to another.

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
    Ok i have a S&W M&P 40c and i have my cpl i was just wondering if i should get a new holster for oc. I dont think i need a new one but just looking for opinions.
    I have S&W M&P 9, 9c, and 45 (all with Apex Tactical Sear Replacements).

They all fit well within a Blackhawk Serpa Holster for OC. I also have Fobus Paddle Holsters for the full size ones. I utilize a Galco Summer Comfort IWB for CC.

You might want to go to http://mp-pistol.com/boards/ and ask around there as well...
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I carry a S&W M&P .40 Full and drop it in a serpa holster

Post imported post

I use a Galco holster for cc it is leather no strap or anything on it so i have quick access if a situation arises.

Post imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
    I use a Galco holster for cc it is leather no strap or anything on it so i have quick access if a situation arises.
    While there is no statute requiring an OCer to have a holster with active retention it is a widely held opinion in the OC community that it is a good idea to do so.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    Recoil88 wrote:
    While there is no statute requiring an OCer to have a holster with active retention it is a widely held opinion in the OC community that it is a good idea to do so.

Bronson
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

Post imported post

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    Bronson wrote:
    Recoil88 wrote:

Bronson
    Is there something you wanted to add?

Bronson

Post imported post

lmao....i thought you were assuming that he used his non retention holster for OC, so i said something to the affect of "He uses his holster for CC"....but then i realized you were just generalizing that an OC holster should have retention...it was edited for stupidity on my part lol :P