• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc holster

Recoil88

imported post

Ok i have a S&W M&P 40c and i have my cpl i was just wondering if i should get a new holster for oc. I dont think i need a new one but just looking for opinions.

Bronson

imported post

What kind of holster do you currently use for CC? Even with a CPL I would still recommend an OWB holster with some type of active retention be it a Safariland, Serpa, BianchiCarry-lock,or a simple pancake holster with a retention strap.

Bronson

fozzy71

imported post

This is what I am thinking about buying for my FNP9. It is going to cost almost half as much as my gun did. :what:

I have 3 months to wait for a CPL so I want a highly visible holster with excellent retention (better than my hacked Serpa), but I couldnt decide between a tactical rig and a belt holster. The items below will give me 2 ways to wear the thigh rig and 2 different belt style holsters. The Quick Locking System pieces will allow me to quickly change from one to another.

safarilend-beltloops2.png

PDinDetroit

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
Ok i have a S&W M&P 40c and i have my cpl i was just wondering if i should get a new holster for oc. I dont think i need a new one but just looking for opinions.
I have S&W M&P 9, 9c, and 45 (all with Apex Tactical Sear Replacements).

They all fit well within a Blackhawk Serpa Holster for OC. I also have Fobus Paddle Holsters for the full size ones. I utilize a Galco Summer Comfort IWB for CC.

You might want to go to http://mp-pistol.com/boards/ and ask around there as well...

Bronson

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
I use a Galco holster for cc it is leather no strap or anything on it so i have quick access if a situation arises.

While there is no statute requiring an OCer to have a holster with active retention it is a widely held opinion in the OC community that it is a good idea to do so.

Bronson

Bronson

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
Bronson wrote:
Recoil88 wrote:
I use a Galco holster for cc it is leather no strap or anything on it so i have quick access if a situation arises.

While there is no statute requiring an OCer to have a holster with active retention it is a widely held opinion in the OC community that it is a good idea to do so.

Bronson

Is there something you wanted to add?

Bronson

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

lmao....i thought you were assuming that he used his non retention holster for OC, so i said something to the affect of "He uses his holster for CC"....but then i realized you were just generalizing that an OC holster should have retention...it was edited for stupidity on my part lol :p