Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Pistol Purchase

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    I know this topic has been discussed.

    But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan.

    Is the Safty Inspection paperwork the only thing I need to complete the purchase.

    Thanks



  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    rudedude wrote:
    I know this topic has been discussed.

    But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan.

    Is the Safty Inspection paperwork the only thing I need to complete the purchase.

    Thanks

    Just need to know this:

    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(1bd...me=mcl-28-422a

    and have this:

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-060_6454_7.pdf

  3. #3
    Regular Member fozzy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932

    Post imported post

    MGO has a nice FAQ/Tutorial stickied in their classifieds forums.

    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77330
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

  4. #4
    Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    656

    Post imported post

    above information is very informative :P
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the info everyone

  6. #6
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101

    Post imported post

    Why from a non-CPL holder out of curiosity? Paperwork is easier from CPL to CPL holder imo.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  7. #7
    Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    656

    Post imported post

    he doesnt have his cpl....im assuming he meant FFL dealer.....not CPL holder....seeing as he would have to purchase through a private sale
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    he doesnt have his cpl....im assuming he meant FFL dealer.....not CPL holder....seeing as he would have to purchase through a private sale
    "But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan."

    The Seller does not have a CPL but the Buyer (Rudedude) does. It makes absolutely no difference if the Seller has a CPL or not. Even if the Buyer (Rudedude) did not have a CPL, all he would need to do is obtain the License To Purchase (LTP).

  9. #9
    Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    656

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    he doesnt have his cpl....im assuming he meant FFL dealer.....not CPL holder....seeing as he would have to purchase through a private sale
    "But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan."

    The Seller does not have a CPL but the Buyer (Rudedude) does. It makes absolutely no difference if the Seller has a CPL or not. Even if the Buyer (Rudedude) did not have a CPL, all he would need to do is obtain the License To Purchase (LTP).
    my bad...got 2 threads mixed up lol.....its early!....lol....i know, i know.....im not completely stupid all the time lol
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    The Seller is a motivated seller of the pistol and she does not have her CPL.

    I have a my Michigan CPL.

  11. #11
    Regular Member malignity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,101

    Post imported post

    This thread is unnecessarily complicated.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Yes just a bit.

    LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •