• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Purchase

rudedude

imported post

I know this topic has been discussed.

But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan.

Is the Safty Inspection paperwork the only thing I need to complete the purchase.

Thanks

SpringerXDacp

SpringerXDacp

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
he doesnt have his cpl....im assuming he meant FFL dealer.....not CPL holder....seeing as he would have to purchase through a private sale

"But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan."

The Seller does not have a CPL but the Buyer (Rudedude) does. It makes absolutely no difference if the Seller has a CPL or not. Even if the Buyer (Rudedude) did not have a CPL, all he would need to do is obtain the License To Purchase (LTP).

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
American Boy With a Gun wrote:
he doesnt have his cpl....im assuming he meant FFL dealer.....not CPL holder....seeing as he would have to purchase through a private sale

"But I am interested in purchasing a pistol from a Non-CPL holder. I have my CPL, from the state of Michigan."

The Seller does not have a CPL but the Buyer (Rudedude) does. It makes absolutely no difference if the Seller has a CPL or not. Even if the Buyer (Rudedude) did not have a CPL, all he would need to do is obtain the License To Purchase (LTP).
my bad...got 2 threads mixed up lol.....its early!....lol....i know, i know.....im not completely stupid all the time lol ;)