• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

glock 22

Article1section23

imported post

What gen? I have a 22 and 27 and will be getting a 23 model, since the 15rd mags will work with all of them. I think you love it!!

Sig229

imported post

I would also like to know which generation your Glock is. IMHO, the 3rd and 4th gen's are the best ones.

They are good pistols, but in some cases are a little different than other pistols.
I own two Glocks myself (23 and 19) and have carried them extensively all over the USA in all weather condition's. Never had a problem. Even went swimming with my G-19 attached to my hip on a fishing trip in Wyoming.

The ONLY thing I dont like is the angle of the glocks grip. You sorta have to point your wrist down when aiming.

Where as, my Sig its 100% natural, you just point and click and its always on target.

Deanimator

imported post

I've had a Glock 22 since the year they were introduced.

It's a good gun, reliable and accurate, but with certain ammunition (180gr. aluminum Blazers in particular) it's a real handful, with VERY pronounced muzzle whip. It doesn't hurt to shoot; it's just hard to control for followup shots.

Some people have claimed that they're not accurate, but with proper lead bullet handloads and an UltraDot, they're good enough for bullseye competition.

I put a 3.5lb. Ghost connector in mine and did the "$0.25 trigger job". It's got a safe but very smooth trigger pull. I also put a Pachmayr adjustable rear on.

I put in a Storm Lake cut rifling barrel so that I'd have no trouble shooting lead bullets for practice. It was totally drop in and has been both accurate and reliable.

With the right ammunition, I consider my Glock 22 my most capable full sized self-defense handgun.

spencer280

imported post

all i know is i had a 1911a1 springfield 45 stainless. and this glock is 50 % more reliable and accurate. more accurate then the 1911. and i paid 844.00 for the 1911 the bad thing with my 1911 was it was so tite. and would pipe some shells. well thats no good if you are needing a gun for protection. you want a gun that will fire 100% all the time

spencer280

imported post

ya i have done a lot of reading since you said about the difference trigger pulls and found that i have a 5.5 and most police and military have a 8 to 10 pound pull. i was talking to a gunsmith and they told me the police where using the 3.5 but where accidentally shooting there weapons because of the lighter pull. is there that much difference from a 5.5 to a 3.5 and what would you suggest

Sig229

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
all i know is i had a 1911a1 springfield 45 stainless. and this glock is 50 % more reliable and accurate. more accurate then the 1911. and i paid 844.00 for the 1911 the bad thing with my 1911 was it was so tite. and would pipe some shells. well thats no good if you are needing a gun for protection. you want a gun that will fire 100% all the time

If you eve get a chance, fire a sig. I was a 1911 guy, then went to Glocks and now I cannot find anything better than Sig.

But your right, I would much rther have a Glock for defense than a 1911 .

jahwarrior

imported post

what did you do with the 1911?

i've always wanted a Glock, because of their reputation, but the grip angle is unnatural, and the grip itself is too wide, even for the 9mm versions. i've tried shooting them, and i can't hit the broad side of a fat girl with one.

did you contact Springfield about the problems you've had? it might have been cheaper to just fix the problem than buy a whole new gun.

Deanimator

imported post

jahwarrior72 wrote:
i've tried shooting them, and i can't hit the broad side of a fat girl with one.
Very likely a combination of a poor trigger and inappropriate trigger technique for that gun.

My gun had the "NY trigger" when I bought it. That was gone in weeks. As I said, with the 3.5lb. Ghost connector and the "$0.25 trigger job", it's a VERY different gun. You really have to learn the Glock trigger. I treat it like a two stage military rifle trigger and get MUCH better results.

jahwarrior

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
jahwarrior72 wrote:
i've tried shooting them, and i can't hit the broad side of a fat girl with one.
Very likely a combination of a poor trigger and inappropriate trigger technique for that gun.

My gun had the "NY trigger" when I bought it.  That was gone in weeks.  As I said, with the 3.5lb. Ghost connector and the "$0.25 trigger job", it's a VERY different gun.  You really have to learn the Glock trigger.  I treat it like a two stage military rifle trigger and get MUCH better results.

i'm not sure the trigger was the problem. i used to carry a S&W Sigma. and the triggers on those are notoriously heavy, though they never bothered me. i'm also a decent shot with a revolver. i'm pretty sure my problem is with the grip. no matter what i do, i can't seem to get a secure hold on a Glock, even with two hands. i'm constantly readjusting my hold.

jahwarrior

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
Jah,

Don't you carry a Glock 20 ?   Maybe I'm confused, but I thought I read somewhere that you're also 10mm carrier ...

~~Springfield

you're confused. i may have mentioned that i had a set of grips for a Colt Delta Elite 1911; those are 10mm 1911s. that may be what you're thinking of.

Deanimator

imported post

jahwarrior72 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
jahwarrior72 wrote:

My gun had the "NY trigger" when I bought it. That was gone in weeks. As I said, with the 3.5lb. Ghost connector and the "$0.25 trigger job", it's a VERY different gun. You really have to learn the Glock trigger. I treat it like a two stage military rifle trigger and get MUCH better results.

i'm not sure the trigger was the problem. i used to carry a S&W Sigma. and the triggers on those are notoriously heavy, though they never bothered me. i'm also a decent shot with a revolver. i'm pretty sure my problem is with the grip. no matter what i do, i can't seem to get a secure hold on a Glock, even with two hands. i'm constantly readjusting my hold.
I've got a safe full of S&W revolvers and carry two of them. There's really no comparison between a revolver trigger and a Glock trigger, although something apparently broke in my Glock 22 when I put in the 3.5lb. connector. It was "revolver-like" until I replaced the trigger and trigger bar, returning it to it's previous "Mauser 98-like" qualities.

The Glock grip does take getting used to, but it doesn't take that long. I had a Hogue Handall on my Glock 22 because 180gr. loads have incredible muzzle whip. The Glock 19 is extremely tame.

spencer280

imported post

i love it now i put in the 3.5 LB. lone wolf trigger connector and its great and i got them rubber decal grips for the gun along with an extended slide stop and ordered a tactical light for it.

Springfield45

imported post

jahwarrior72 wrote:
Springfield45 wrote:
Jah,

Don't you carry a Glock 20 ? Maybe I'm confused, but I thought I read somewhere that you're also 10mm carrier ...

~~Springfield

you're confused. i may have mentioned that i had a set of grips for a Colt Delta Elite 1911; those are 10mm 1911s. that may be what you're thinking of.
Gotcha. That could be it.

~~Springfield

spencer280

imported post

well i just got my lone wolf connector to take my gun from the 5.5 lb trigger pull to a 3.5 lb trigger pull. and a tack light from nc star rubber grip tape for more grip. just waiting on my extended slide stop by lone wolf pull by lone wolf. and got my new level 111 duty holster by bianchi