Thread: Non resident permit

Post imported post

I'll be traveling back up to Washington soon and was curious about the steps to obtain a non resident permit and pricing I found some info via google but very vague.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Also anyone near Wenatchee going to Apple Blossom?

Post imported post

Being a non-resident, you can go to any police or sheriff department you want. Most will mail it to you in 60 days. The law allows for up to 60 days for non-resident. It does not require them to wait 60 days.

There is no difference in resident and non-resident permits, other than where you can apply. Residents are limited by where they reside.

Kitsap County Sheriff has a reputation for same day issuance. Go to their office in Silverdale.

Cost for resident or non-resident is $55.25. The fee is set by the state and cannot be changed by the local government.

You will need ID and cash/check. They will fingerprint you at the time of application.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

If you have a Utah permit, you are good to go... don't need a Washington permit.

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    If you have a Utah permit, you are good to go... don't need a Washington permit.
    Correct. WA has reciprocity with UT:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons/Reciprocity.aspx
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Post imported post

I did not know Wash is accepting permits from other states, I live in Boise Id. and for the last 15 years I have Wash, c.c. permit, , Is this a new law?, do you accept Id. c.c.?

I travel to Yakima, several times a year, and never had any problems, I would like to have a permit from Oregon, maybe some day, your vaquero friend Israel.

Post imported post

I did not know Wash is accepting permits from other states, I live in Boise Id. and for the last 15 years I have Wash, c.c. permit, , Is this a new law?, do you accept Id. c.c.?

I travel to Yakima, several times a year, and never had any problems, I would like to have a permit from Oregon, maybe some day, your vaquero friend Israel.

Post imported post

Washington accepts "some" permits.

Idaho permits are valid in the following states:

AK*, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT*, WY,

Post imported post

Muchas Gracias, for the information, maybe some day Oregon and Wash. will be included.

We are having our 1st O.C. pic nic here in Boise, it is going to be a nice day, it will be this coming 2nd of May.

Post imported post

Washington accepts "some" permits.
    Arkansas
    Florida*
    (WA residents only)
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Utah

Oregon accepts NONE

Post imported post

The Grant County Oregon Sheriff will issue you a CHL.

Take this online handgun course (free), make a copy of the certificate and head to his office to complete the finger prints, photo and CHL form. Pay the fees ($50 to Sheriff & $15 to the state patrol). Wait 2 weeks and you are good to go.

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    i have not gotten my UT CWP yet. but thank you all for the help.

Kitsap County Sheriff has a reputation for same day issuance. Go to their office in Silverdale.
    That sounds great but a little far from Wenatchee.

T
    he Grant County Oregon Sheriff will issue you a CHL. Take this online handgun course (free), make a copy of the certificate and head to his office to complete the finger prints, photo and CHL form. Pay the fees ($50 to Sheriff & $15 to the state patrol). Wait 2 weeks and you are good to go. http://www.mdgunsafety.com/
    I did do the course just incase I want to make a detour on the trip. I looked on the google for the map of counties but have yet to find one so i Know their boundary's

Post imported post

Anyone have any idea on Non resident CPL turn around. Applied 14 days ago they said may be 30-60 days!

Post imported post

younggun20 wrote:
    Anyone have any idea on Non resident CPL turn around. Applied 14 days ago they said may be 30-60 days!
    Most will mail it to you in 60 days. The law allows for up to 60 days for non-resident. It does not require them to wait 60 days.

Post imported post

Wow.

Post imported post

I was thinking of calling either for an update or to make sure they got my mailing address right, I told the receptionist I would be moving upon my return home and gave her my new address. Just dont want them sending my permit to the wrong house

Post imported post

Des Moines mails theirs out the next day.

Post imported post

I'm waiting for my resident permit from the Duvall-Carnation Police Department. Tomorrow will be 30 days.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

Im waiting on mine from Chelan county Wenatchee

Post imported post

received my permit today. dated the 12th. So 12 days including weekends to get it approved and sent out, 17 days to get it to me. Am i allowed to Laminate it?

Post imported post

younggun20 wrote:
    received my permit today. dated the 12th. So 12 days including weekends to get it approved and sent out, 17 days to get it to me. Am i allowed to Laminate it?
    Yes you may laminate it.

I would suggest the strongest laminate that you can get. 10mm or more. It will be in your pocket for 5 years.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Thank you for the response I will be doing so

Post imported post

younggun20 wrote:
    I should have moved out of state and then applied - would have been faster. They took the full 30 days allowed for a resident permit. It arrived on saturday - I laminated it today..
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

i was kind of down when others said it could really take up to 60 allowed. It came in the mail this morning and I didnt even see it for a couple hrs because I had stopped looking. Only reason I did see it is because it was handed to me

Post imported post

I need to replace mine next year and is an excuse to go to Yakima I go to Wash very often, and O.C. there. I never laminate mine I put it in a plastic bag and folded in my wallet, been doing that for 15 years, since I move to Boise.

Post imported post

I folded mine and laminated today.