• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non resident permit

younggun20

imported post

I'll be traveling back up to Washington soon and was curious about the steps to obtain a non resident permit and pricing I found some info via google but very vague.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Also anyone near Wenatchee going to Apple Blossom?

j2l3

imported post

Being a non-resident, you can go to any police or sheriff department you want. Most will mail it to you in 60 days. The law allows for up to 60 days for non-resident. It does not require them to wait 60 days.

There is no difference in resident and non-resident permits, other than where you can apply. Residents are limited by where they reside.

Kitsap County Sheriff has a reputation for same day issuance. Go to their office in Silverdale.

Cost for resident or non-resident is $55.25. The fee is set by the state and cannot be changed by the local government.

You will need ID and cash/check. They will fingerprint you at the time of application.

ISRAEL

imported post

I did not know Wash is accepting permits from other states, I live in Boise Id. and for the last 15 years I have Wash, c.c. permit, , Is this a new law?, do you accept Id. c.c.?

I travel to Yakima, several times a year, and never had any problems, I would like to have a permit from Oregon, maybe some day, your vaquero friend Israel.

ISRAEL

imported post

I did not know Wash is accepting permits from other states, I live in Boise Id. and for the last 15 years I have Wash, c.c. permit, , Is this a new law?, do you accept Id. c.c.?

I travel to Yakima, several times a year, and never had any problems, I would like to have a permit from Oregon, maybe some day, your vaquero friend Israel.

j2l3

imported post

Washington accepts "some" permits.

Idaho permits are valid in the following states:

AK*, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT*, WY,

ISRAEL

imported post

Muchas Gracias, for the information, maybe some day Oregon and Wash. will be included.

We are having our 1st O.C. pic nic here in Boise, it is going to be a nice day, it will be this coming 2nd of May.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The Grant County Oregon Sheriff will issue you a CHL.

Take this online handgun course (free), make a copy of the certificate and head to his office to complete the finger prints, photo and CHL form. Pay the fees ($50 to Sheriff & $15 to the state patrol). Wait 2 weeks and you are good to go.

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

younggun20

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
If you have a Utah permit, you are good to go... don't need a Washington permit.
i have not gotten my UT CWP yet. but thank you all for the help.

Kitsap County Sheriff has a reputation for same day issuance. Go to their office in Silverdale.
That sounds great but a little far from Wenatchee.

T
he Grant County Oregon Sheriff will issue you a CHL. Take this online handgun course (free), make a copy of the certificate and head to his office to complete the finger prints, photo and CHL form. Pay the fees ($50 to Sheriff & $15 to the state patrol). Wait 2 weeks and you are good to go. http://www.mdgunsafety.com/
I did do the course just incase I want to make a detour on the trip. I looked on the google for the map of counties but have yet to find one so i Know their boundary's

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

younggun20 wrote:
Anyone have any idea on Non resident CPL turn around. Applied 14 days ago they said may be 30-60 days!
Most will mail it to you in 60 days. The law allows for up to 60 days for non-resident. It does not require them to wait 60 days.

younggun20

imported post

I was thinking of calling either for an update or to make sure they got my mailing address right, I told the receptionist I would be moving upon my return home and gave her my new address. Just dont want them sending my permit to the wrong house

younggun20

imported post

received my permit today. dated the 12th. So 12 days including weekends to get it approved and sent out, 17 days to get it to me. Am i allowed to Laminate it?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

younggun20 wrote:
received my permit today. dated the 12th. So 12 days including weekends to get it approved and sent out, 17 days to get it to me. Am i allowed to Laminate it?

Yes you may laminate it.

I would suggest the strongest laminate that you can get. 10mm or more. It will be in your pocket for 5 years.