Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everett Officer Acquitted

Post imported post

It is nice to see justice handed down. The officer protected law-abiding citizens from a drunk lunatic behind the wheel of a high performance machine.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ooting27m.html

"EVERETT — Everett police Officer Troy Meade was found not guilty Monday of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a drunken man in a car last summer."
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

This isn't the officer who muttered "it's time to end this" before shooting the drunk guy in the car, is it?

Post imported post

Yes, it is. And he ended it.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

Gotta say I have little sympathy for drunk drivers but I'm sure the jury heard more about what happened than we ever will from the media. If they went with not guilty then so be it.

By the way, 7 out of 8 shots connecting is amazingly good for a LEO.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    Gotta say I have little sympathy for drunk drivers but I'm sure the jury heard more about what happened than we ever will from the media. If they went with not guilty then so be it.

By the way, 7 out of 8 shots connecting is amazingly good for a LEO.
    7 out of 8 is good, even if it was nearly point blank range..for an LEO.

The jury obviously did hear things that we definately did not hear. You blow a .26 you kinda get what is coming to you when trying to drive.

Post imported post

I'm not entirely sure that the cop is a stand-up kind of guy, but the drunk sounded like a real waste of human skin. The jury handed down a verdict, so I accept what they did. I can't say I feel sorry for the driver though.

Post imported post

Was there ever any doubt, this states LEAhave shown time and again to becorrupt.I am not saying all cops are corrupt, so for those of you who want to jump on the "No LEO bashing" bandwagon you can stop right there. From all the verdicts coming out from other LEOs who were charged and got off Scott free, or who weren’t charged at all when they should have been, this verdict shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I hope the family fairs better in their lawsuit.

Post imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Was there ever any doubt, this states LEA are so damn corrupt.I hope the family fairs better in their lawsuit.
    Perhaps you have insight that we don't. Care to share it? Because it wasn't any LEA that found this man not guilty, it was a jury. And from the recording I heard of the trial the Prosecuter went after that guy pretty hard.

Not that I really care, because as far as I'm concerned anyone driving that drunk is at least an attempted murderer.

Post imported post

I have a funny feeling that if it was any one of usthat fired those shots, the verdict would have been different.

This is only the beginning for this officer. Now he'll face civil charges.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    I have a funny feeling that if it was any one of us*that fired those shots, the verdict would have been different.

This is only the beginning for this officer.* Now he'll face civil charges.
    Not if the jury returns with a self-defense answer.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I just new they would let him go for murder because hes a cop. BS

Post imported post

okkid wrote:
    That is an ignorant statement. How is it that you knew this?

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    okkid wrote:
    Why would it be ignorant if that's how he feels? He's entitled to his opinion. He's not stating it as fact. Just cause you don't like it....

Post imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    okkid wrote:
    Why would it be ignorant if that's how he feels? He's entitled to his opinion. He's not stating it as fact. Just cause you don't like it....
    Still ignorant nonetheless.

Post imported post

Opinions can be ignorant. The jury was given their information, and made a decision. To say that the jury made the decision because he was a cop, and not very a million other possible reasons, without knowing for sure (ie being on the jury) then you have made an ignorant comment. okkid has no idea what the jury was going through back there. Only the jury knows that.

Post imported post

i do my best not to bash police officers onlineand i dont think we are provided with enough info to say he was right or wrong.

however i will say this, as far as i know bothLEOs and civiliansare not aloud to use deadly force unless lives are in immediate danger (correct me if im wrong). as far as i know both LEOs and civilians have the same rights when it comes to lethal force.

If he was not a police officer, would the trial have gone differently?

-matt

Post imported post

Because evertime they go to court they always walk away no matter what thats why I said it and I mean it and if that is not ok with you well thats not my problem.

Im just sick of all the bs with cops getting away with being thugs with a badge.

Post imported post

Matt85 wrote:
    i do my best not to bash police officers onlineand i dont think we are provided with enough info to say he was right or wrong.

however i will say this, as far as i know bothLEOs and civiliansare not aloud to use deadly force unless lives are in immediate danger (correct me if im wrong). as far as i know both LEOs and civilians have the same rights when it comes to lethal force.

-matt
    Yes

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Matt85 wrote:

-matt
    Slight correction, life and limb is not the only time lawful use of deadly force is allowed. Again for those who can'tcomprehend this, I am not endorsing this, just stating whats allowed by law.

Also non LEO are allowed more leeway in this reguard according to the law....

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.040

Notes:Legislative recognition: "The legislature recognizes that RCW 9A.16.040 establishes a dual standard with respect to the use of deadly force by peace officers and private citizens, and further recognizes that private citizens' permissible use of deadly force under the authority of RCW 9.01.200, 9A.16.020, or 9A.16.050 is not restricted and remains broader than the limitations imposed on peace officers." [1986 c 209 § 3.]

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I saw this coming. Same thing happened in the Elio Carrion case. All the prosecutor had to do was help the defense attorney stack the jury inthe defendant'sfavor. Thus he gets thebest of both worlds,the appearance of going after the murdering cop, while still protecting the man in blue like he's expected by them to do.

The family will win something in the civil suit, but that's all the justice they'll get.

Post imported post

I know and fully understand that LEO bashing is against the rules on this site, and if I get banned for saying this ... ... so be it.

Everett Police Officer Troy Meade was found not gulity of murder today ... this is one big step forward for police officers to get more aggressive and shoot your sorry butt and then scream in court "I feared for my life"

Facts: Meade was frustrated with an unarmed drunk that he tazed twice. His fellow officer heard him say: "time to end this, enough is enough" before he shot him 7 times. This is un-freaking-believable, I have followed this story since it started "Officer Meade lied under oath"

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS01/100429882

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily..._meade_cha.php

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...rial_hinge.php

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Was there ever any doubt, this states LEA are so damn corrupt.I hope the family fairs better in their lawsuit.
    Perhaps you have insight that we don't. Care to share it? Because it wasn't any LEA that found this man not guilty, it was a jury. And from the recording I heard of the trial the Prosecuter went after that guy pretty hard.

Not that I really care, because as far as I'm concerned anyone driving that drunk is at least an attempted murderer.

No special insight needed, if it was you or me, we would be getting a pineapple shoved up our asses in prison, and the prosecutor would have gone all out. Although you are correct, I do not know the info given to the jury, but it is the same every time, if there is a cop that comes out as a witness against another cop, they still amazingly find them not guilty. This is not insight it is fact.

The prosecutors, the DA, the Judge 9 out of 10 times direct the trial to favor the cop, look at the case of thesheriff that beat the 17 yo girl, trial was thrown out because they couldn’t agree since the court pushed it as self defense.

Or how about the Seattle cop who put that Kid into a coma, not even a slap on the wrist.

If it was you or me or anyone else, self defense in a case like this wouldn’t hold water and you know it.

Post imported post

I agree 100%, it has gotten way out of hand.

Post imported post

I don't know enough about the case so I have to go with the jury. Otherwise there's a lot of assumptions being made. And I'm sure if the officer did really make that statement it would've come up in court. Despite all of that the statement may have been made before the drunk was trying to run him down. Too many assumption here and not enough factual information.

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    XD45PlusP wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    okkid wrote:
    Still ignorant nonetheless.
    I followed the whole story from the start and until now ..... I am not going to go into detail regarding what I've read, as you can do that yourself, OK ... But .... YES, after reading it all one gets the feeling Officer Troy Meade got off because he is a cop, Karma will catch Officer Meade, it may not be tomorrow, next week, or next year, but it will catch him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast