• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wenatchee Apple Blossom

younggun20

imported post

Daath 474 wrote:
You guys are so awesome! Thank you... I feel 100% confident now about open-carrying at the event. I'll try to get a picture of us at the food fair and post it!
awesome, me and the wife are coming up from UT for apple blossom. She grew up there and wanted to go back for this. Ill be carrying as well, hope to see some fellow OCers there

Are there any schools within 1000' or any other reason someone without a CWP would not be able to carry

Daath 474

imported post

I can't think of anything... It's outside of the courthouse and jail, but that shouldn't matter in a public park. The only thing I was concerned about was the live music there, but if they didn't need an "outdoor music festival permit" then it seems safe to say we'd be fine. Additionally there are the other points made by members of the forum.

Daath 474

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
.......and don't call the LEO. If they say no, and you still go that might be testing the department, just go ....be good and be safe.
Interesting, I never thought of that.

younggun20

imported post

Well I just got home from Apple Blossom, and Im not sure I will ever be going back. I had a great OC experience no problems what so ever. However Every single person I was with from out of state received atleast one ticket. All were BS tickets. We got pulled over coming from the carnival I was riding passenger and m brother in law was in the back. They came right to us and asked for our ID's came back what seemed like 30 seconds later and had a ticket for no seat belt $150. I told the officer I am wearing my seat belt, It automatically is put on when I close the door and the passenger has his on as well. his only reply was well I noticed you were not wearing your lap belt that's illegal here. I asked why he pulled us over as he could obviously not see our lap belts from his vehicle across the street. His reply was "Just checkin the out of towners making sure everyone stays safe." Not even a warning or anything. Other ppl I was with received tickets for his truck being to high, a tint over the tail lights, jay walking, speeding at a red light. running red lights. Its unbelievable. When I called to see if I could talk to someone about the ticket the lady I spoke with was very un helpful and tld me I would need to drive back up to Washington to fight it. We have more in tickets than we spent on the trip.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

younggun20 wrote:
Well I just got home from Apple Blossom, and Im not sure I will ever be going back. I had a great OC experience no problems what so ever. However Every single person I was with from out of state received atleast one ticket. All were BS tickets. We got pulled over coming from the carnival I was riding passenger and m brother in law was in the back. They came right to us and asked for our ID's came back what seemed like 30 seconds later and had a ticket for no seat belt $150. I told the officer I am wearing my seat belt, It automatically is put on when I close the door and the passenger has his on as well. his only reply was well I noticed you were not wearing your lap belt that's illegal here. I asked why he pulled us over as he could obviously not see our lap belts from his vehicle across the street. His reply was "Just checkin the out of towners making sure everyone stays safe." Not even a warning or anything. Other ppl I was with received tickets for his truck being to high, a tint over the tail lights, jay walking, speeding at a red light. running red lights. Its unbelievable. When I called to see if I could talk to someone about the ticket the lady I spoke with was very un helpful and tld me I would need to drive back up to Washington to fight it. We have more in tickets than we spent on the trip.

$ REVENUE GENERATION $

younggun20

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Was this the Wenatchee PD? I have heard from numerous sources that they were very......well not to be trusted.

Did you have a recorder?
I got mine from grant county sheriff I believe? bright green jacket on cycles.
I did not have a recorder on me.
While I was up there I applied for my Washington CPL. On the App it said I could not have any open court cases will this effect me in any way? I really want to fight it, but fighting it will cost more than paying it

Nosrac

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
All were BS tickets.
Other ppl I was with received tickets for his truck being to high, a tint over the tail lights, jay walking, speeding at a red light. running red lights.
Are you saying that the "other people" got tickets and they didn't do what they were ticketed for or that they did do them but shouldn't have been ticketed?

younggun20

imported post

Like said above I believe it was just for revenue. We were pulled over for no reason and ticketed for no lap belt. My wife received a speeding ticket as she let off her brake at a red light, The officer told her he clocked her at 40 in the intersection. The ticket for the truck being to high is a stock Toyota Tundra with bigger tires, no where near the height of the trucks in the car show parade. and the "tint" over the tail lights came stock on the truck.

When I received my ticket I apologized and said I was unaware the lap belt was required and asked for the code that pointed that out. He laughed at me and walked away.

Nosrac

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
Like said above I believe it was just for revenue. We were pulled over for no reason and ticketed for no lap belt. My wife received a speeding ticket as she let off her brake at a red light, The officer told her he clocked her at 40 in the intersection. The ticket for the truck being to high is a stock Toyota Tundra with bigger tires, no where near the height of the trucks in the car show parade. and the "tint" over the tail lights came stock on the truck.

When I received my ticket I apologized and said I was unaware the lap belt was required and asked for the code that pointed that out. He laughed at me and walked away.

It's not like there aren't any lifted trucks in the Valley. I can think of a couple off the top of my head.

I'd be interested in who wrote you the tickets. You can PM me if you like. I may not know them personally but I can at least get the scoop on them.

j2l3

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what kind of outdoor music festival that would last over 5 hours in length would be? Woodstock?
Bumbershoot in Seattle over Labor Day weekend is a music festival. Lasts 3 days.

j2l3

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
While I was up there I applied for my Washington CPL. On the App it said I could not have any open court cases will this effect me in any way? I really want to fight it, but fighting it will cost more than paying it
No, this is a civil infraction, not a criminal court filing.

younggun20

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
younggun20 wrote:

I'd be interested in who wrote you the tickets. You can PM me if you like. I may not know them personally but I can at least get the scoop on them.

I cannot read the name on mine only a scribble as a signature and a #58 or 38 next to it? Badge number possibly

Wifes was printed off an officer J.Marshall #1D015