• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater April OC Dinner

45acpForMe

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Wish I could be there, but I'm still in Germany.

Have a Käse-Schnitzel for me. :)

I will try to make this dinner. Already starting to think of the spinach calzone. Depends on the tunnel and the X picking up the kids.

Regum

imported post

Likely to join you all this time. Looking forward to meeting some of you since I am new to the area.

Airilith

imported post

Can't make it :( I take one of my pups to agility training on Thursday evenings. Hopefully I can make the next one, as I'd love to meet y'all!

lil_freak_66

imported post

so did most of you not show,or did we accidentally have two groups at two different restaurants?

had fun meeting up with 2 of you,i learned a bit about virginia law and im sure yall learned a bit about MI law.

positive LEO encounter there,walked by,asked if we had permits.we said no,he said alright have a nice evening...and was on his way,he didnt even stop walking.

45acpForMe

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
so did most of you not show,or did we accidentally have two groups at two different restaurants?

had fun meeting up with 2 of you,i learned a bit about virginia law and im sure yall learned a bit about MI law.

positive LEO encounter there,walked by,asked if we had permits.we said no,he said alright have a nice evening...and was on his way,he didnt even stop walking.

So lil_freak_66, his aunt, myself and T33J went to the Primo's that was in the link in the original post. While I was driving there nothing looked familiar and sure enough it was a different Primo's from the last time I attended. My guess is that others just went to where the last dinner was held without following the link. :cry: They even had a table of 20 set up for us under your name KimberCarrier!

Oh well, at least we got to entertain some visitors from Michigan. Had a good discussion in the differences between states. In Michigan they can OC/CC in schools (as long as they follow their laws).

The VA Beach Police seemed to be pulling our leg because he knew darn well that we didn't need a permit. He said it with a smile on his face as he was walking by and didn't seem to intend to stop. If he slowed down I was going to make sure he knew the laws but he kept on walking.

All in all a good time. Got my spinach calzone & garlic knots. Lil_freak_66, that was a heck of a drive to go to an OC dinner. I think 1 hour is pushing it but 19-20 hours should get you a medal. :lol:

lil_freak_66

imported post

do i get an OCDO award for the longest drive to an event?

lol.

and yes,in michigan ,with a cpl, you can CC anywhere in the parking lot on school grounds,in or out of the car.

and with a cpl you can OC inside of a k-12 school.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Well, that explains it...7 of us showed up at the Primo's at Princess Anne and South Plaza...I never even checked out the link because we had a dinner there a couple of months ago...still had a great time though. Jim...I saw you tried calling me.I didn't check my phone until I was going to bed...we took the bike and I left my phone in the saddle bag.

lil_freak_66

imported post

just cuz im from michigan dont mean nothin.im a very avid offroader,and love country music.

fathers side of the family is from rural florida,and my mothers side is michigan farmers mostly....and i used to live near a small town on a farm.which is probably why i fit in so well down here.:D

btw...whats your states knife laws?i just thought about that and ive been carryin 3 the past couple days..dont want any accidental trouble.