• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater April OC Dinner

t33j

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
btw...whats your states knife laws?i just thought about that and ive been carryin 3 the past couple days..dont want any accidental trouble.

You won't run into any trouble with typical pocket knives. Regrettably switchblades are muddy... they fall under the concealed weapons statue so assuming they're legal to possess they would have to be carried openly. There's another law ( http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-311 ) which seems like it might prohibit the possession of switchblades, but from the language it looks like it's only illegal to possess with the intent to sell. Unfortunately, the last sentence says possession is inherently intent to sell. :banghead:

I've had a very nice switchblade for ~8 years I would love to carry. It's pretty expensive and I don't really want to have it seized.

lil_freak_66

imported post

ok good,i carry 2 folders for general purpose use...cutting rope or boxes or whatever.

and then a fixed blade.

all in sheaths.

no laws against double edged knives are there? military exceptions?
and if they require military,does that include state sponsored militia's which are not the national guard?

t33j

imported post

No idea... although I carry a ~6" ka-bar from the 1970s every time I hike and have never had problems. I took it with me to Vermont one time and later realized I was probably breaking a few state laws on the way there and back.

Search the word knife here if you're interested: http://leg1.state.va.us/000/src.htm

t33j

imported post

There could still be city and county ordinances as there is no preemption for knives.

lil_freak_66

imported post

t33j wrote:
There could still be city and county ordinances as there is no preemption for knives.
good thing to check,i know most do not apply to LEO or military,and i should fall under military due to being with a state sponsored militia(not national guard)

every state should have preemption on knives.

Milbars

imported post

Dang! Too bad I was moving last week, would've loved to catch up with some folks from my home state! I hope y'all had a good time, we'll see you at the next one!