Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am Shocked ! ! !

Post imported post

I know and fully understand that LEO bashing is against the rules on this site, and if I get banned for starting this post so be it.

Everett Police Officer Troy Meade was found not gulity of murder today ... this is one big step forward for police officers to get more agressive and shoot your sorry butt and then scream in court "I feared for my life"

Facts: Meade was furtrated with an unarmed drunk that he tazed twice. His fellow officer heard him say: "time to end this, enough is enough" before he shot him 7 times. This is un-freaking-believable, I have followed this story since it started "Officer meade lied under oath"

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS01/100429882

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily..._meade_cha.php

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...rial_hinge.php

69Charger

Post imported post

So true. UN FREAKIN BELIEVABLE.

Post imported post

"After the verdict was announced, Snohomish County Superior Court Judge Gerald Knight sent the jury back behind closed doors to decide whether Meade acted in self defense. If so, the costs of his defense must be borne by the state."

"The jury was sent home at about 5:25 p.m. without having announced a decision. Jurors were scheduled to return Tuesday morning."

XD

Post imported post

And he will most likly be promoted in a year or two.

Post imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
    If he does keep his job as a Police Officer I hope he is taken off the street and put behind a desk answering the phones.

Post imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
    ChuckUFarley wrote:
    If he does keep his job as a Police Officer I hope he is taken off the street and put behind a desk answering the phones.
    Actually an acceptable 'light duty' assignment is watching video of 'red light' safety camera's and mailing out tickets.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Bersa.380 wrote:
    ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Actually an acceptable 'light duty' assignment is watching video of 'red light' safety camera's and mailing out tickets.
    LMAO ... ... I got one of those "Red Light" tickets 3 years ago while at the Alderwood Mall, strange thing ..... the ticket was mailed from Ohio ..... WTF ?

Post imported post

Murderers belong in prison, not gainfully employed. This guy got away with murder.
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

Post imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
    Murderers belong in prison, not gainfully employed. This guy got away with murder.
    And the driver almost got away with driving his Corvette with a BAL of .26. If I had to choose between the drunk driver meeting his maker and a car packed with a family down the street from the bar the drunk driver just left meeting their maker...bye-bye drunk driver.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    And the driver almost got away with driving his Corvette with a BAL of .26. If I had to choose between the drunk driver meeting his maker and a car packed with a family down the street from the bar the drunk driver just left meeting their maker...bye-bye drunk driver.
    I don't remember the part where the driver almost got away with driving anywhere - all but the murderer said there was no such danger.

Post imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Sylvia: I have been following all the threads regarding this topic and you have so much anger in your words, GEEZZZ ! you're one of those radicals, aren't you ? I think kill'em all is your motto.

Post imported post

Sylvia: I have been following all the threads regarding this topic and you have so much anger in your words, GEEZZZ ! you're one of those radicals, aren't you ? I think kill'em all is your motto.
    Yup, cause you are the voice of calm, rational thought.

Post imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:

I am a raging gun-toting liberal lunatic. At leat I have my priorities straight, right? I am not an angry person, promise. I do have an opinion, just like every other person on here and express it just like every one else on here. I see nothing out of the ordinary about the way I conduct my self on this discussion page.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

Shocked ! I do not see why, he was judged by 12 of his peers and found not guilty is this not what we all would hope to occur if in his shoes ?
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

BigDave wrote:
    Shocked ! I do not see why, he was judged by 12 of his peers and found not guilty is this not what we all would hope to occur if in his shoes ?
    +1

Some people only have faith in the system if it is in agreement with their inherent bias...in this case, bias against LEO's.

Post imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
    BigDave wrote:
    +1

Some people only have faith in the system if it is in agreement with their inherent bias...in this case, bias against LEO's.
    BigDave is right - if I were a murderer I would hope to get away with it! Sylvia is also correct about some people being selective in their faith in the system. That's the beauty of being skeptical - I never have faith in anything!

Post imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
    BigDave is right - if I were a murderer I would hope to get away with it! Sylvia is also correct about some people being selective in their faith in the system. That's the beauty of being skeptical - I never have faith in anything!
    It is your right as a human being to have an axe to grind. Grind away terming a hero that deserves an award for protecting the public as a "murderer."

Post imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
    Wow what a comment Bob, you must feel if you were in that position you would be guilty and hope for a reprieve?

This was not my point at all, it is that person acting with in the law and faced with a trail by a jury of their peers would be validated.

Thus jury after weighing all the facts found him not guilty but not in some eyes.
    As for me I have not seen the evidence and was not in the court room thus I would hope our citizens acted correctly.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Post imported post

My question now is since the same jury did NOT find that the officer fired in self defense, why was it not murder?
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Post imported post

The arguement was self-defense...FWIU it does not have to be ruled self-defense but justified homicide.

Post imported post

Tomas wrote:
    My question now is since the same jury did NOT find that the officer fired in self defense, why was it not murder?
    Tomas I am sure it lays with in the Jury Instructions and what they were asked to decide on.

WPIC 16.01 Justifiable Homicide—Peace Officer or Others In Aid of Officer

It is a defense to a charge of [murder][manslaughter] that the homicide was justifiable as defined in this instruction. Homicide or the use of deadly force is justifiable: [when necessarily used by a peace officer to overcome actual resistance to the execution of the legal process, mandate, or order of a court or officer, or in discharge of a legal duty][or] [when necessarily used by a peace officer or person acting under the officer's command and in the officer's aid [to arrest or apprehend a person who the officer reasonably believes has committed, has attempted to commit, is committing, or is attempting to commit a felony][or][to prevent the escape of a person from a federal or state correctional facility or in retaking a person who escapes from such a facility][or][to prevent the escape of a person from a county or city jail or holding facility if the person has been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a felony][or][to lawfully suppress a riot if the actor or another participant is armed with a deadly weapon]. In considering whether to use deadly force to arrest or apprehend any person for the commission of any crime, a peace officer must have probable cause to believe that the suspect, if not apprehended, poses a threat of serious physical harm to others. Among the circumstances that may be considered by a peace officer as a “threat of serious physical harm” are the following: (a) The suspect threatens a peace officer with a weapon or displays a weapon in a manner that could reasonably be construed as threatening; or (b) There is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed any crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm. Under these circumstances deadly force may also be used if necessary to prevent escape from the officer, when, if feasible, some warning is given.] [A peace officer shall not be held criminally liable for using deadly force without malice and with a good faith belief that such act is justifiable.] The State has the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the homicide was not justifiable. If you find that the State has not proved the absence of this defense beyond a reasonable doubt, it will be your duty to return a verdict of not guilty.

Post imported post

BigDave wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:
    Wow what a comment Bob, you must feel if you were in that position you would be guilty and hope for a reprieve?

This was not my point at all, it is that person acting with in the law and faced with a trail by a jury of their peers would be validated.

Thus jury after weighing all the facts found him not guilty but not in some eyes.
    As for me I have not seen the evidence and was not in the court room thus I would hope our citizens acted correctly.
    Bob is just pissed because he got his ass handed to him in court and Meade won.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    BigDave wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:

You found me out. You're so smart! I don't have an actual opinion, I'm just pissed because I got my ass handed to me!

Post imported post

:what: Bob I had really hoped more from you on this topic on your incite even though I feel the verdict was correct.

Post imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    BigDave wrote:
    Bob Warden wrote:

You found me out. You're so smart! I don't have an actual opinion, I'm just pissed because I got my ass handed to me!
    Yes I did. Yes I am. Yes you are.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast