• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am Shocked ! ! !

Bersa.380

imported post

I know and fully understand that LEO bashing is against the rules on this site, and if I get banned for starting this post so be it.

Everett Police Officer Troy Meade was found not gulity of murder today ... this is one big step forward for police officers to get more agressive and shoot your sorry butt and then scream in court "I feared for my life"

Facts: Meade was furtrated with an unarmed drunk that he tazed twice. His fellow officer heard him say: "time to end this, enough is enough" before he shot him 7 times. This is un-freaking-believable, I have followed this story since it started "Officer meade lied under oath"

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100426/NEWS01/100429882

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/10/everett_officer_troy_meade_cha.php

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/04/troy_meades_murder_trial_hinge.php

XD45PlusP

imported post

"After the verdict was announced, Snohomish County Superior Court Judge Gerald Knight sent the jury back behind closed doors to decide whether Meade acted in self defense. If so, the costs of his defense must be borne by the state."

"The jury was sent home at about 5:25 p.m. without having announced a decision. Jurors were scheduled to return Tuesday morning."

XD

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
ChuckUFarley wrote:
And he will most likly be promoted in a year or two.
If he does keep his job as a Police Officer I hope he is taken off the street and put behind a desk answering the phones.
Actually an acceptable 'light duty' assignment is watching video of 'red light' safety camera's and mailing out tickets.

Bersa.380

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Bersa.380 wrote:
ChuckUFarley wrote:
And he will most likly be promoted in a year or two.
If he does keep his job as a Police Officer I hope he is taken off the street and put behind a desk answering the phones.
Actually an acceptable 'light duty' assignment is watching video of 'red light' safety camera's and mailing out tickets.
LMAO ... ... I got one of those "Red Light" tickets 3 years ago while at the Alderwood Mall, strange thing ..... the ticket was mailed from Ohio ..... WTF ?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Murderers belong in prison, not gainfully employed. This guy got away with murder.
And the driver almost got away with driving his Corvette with a BAL of .26. If I had to choose between the drunk driver meeting his maker and a car packed with a family down the street from the bar the drunk driver just left meeting their maker...bye-bye drunk driver.

Bob Warden

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
Murderers belong in prison, not gainfully employed. This guy got away with murder.
And the driver almost got away with driving his Corvette with a BAL of .26. If I had to choose between the drunk driver meeting his maker and a car packed with a family down the street from the bar the drunk driver just left meeting their maker...bye-bye drunk driver.
I don't remember the part where the driver almost got away with driving anywhere - all but the murderer said there was no such danger.

Bersa.380

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:
Sylvia: I have been following all the threads regarding this topic and you have so much anger in your words, GEEZZZ ! you're one of those radicals, aren't you ? I think kill'em all is your motto.

Norman

imported post

Sylvia: I have been following all the threads regarding this topic and you have so much anger in your words, GEEZZZ ! you're one of those radicals, aren't you ? I think kill'em all is your motto.
Yup, cause you are the voice of calm, rational thought. :banghead:

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Bob Warden wrote:

I am a raging gun-toting liberal lunatic. At leat I have my priorities straight, right? I am not an angry person, promise. I do have an opinion, just like every other person on here and express it just like every one else on here. I see nothing out of the ordinary about the way I conduct my self on this discussion page.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Shocked ! I do not see why, he was judged by 12 of his peers and found not guilty is this not what we all would hope to occur if in his shoes ?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Shocked ! I do not see why, he was judged by 12 of his peers and found not guilty is this not what we all would hope to occur if in his shoes ?

+1

Some people only have faith in the system if it is in agreement with their inherent bias...in this case, bias against LEO's.

Bob Warden

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
BigDave wrote:

+1

Some people only have faith in the system if it is in agreement with their inherent bias...in this case, bias against LEO's.
BigDave is right - if I were a murderer I would hope to get away with it! Sylvia is also correct about some people being selective in their faith in the system. That's the beauty of being skeptical - I never have faith in anything!

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
BigDave is right - if I were a murderer I would hope to get away with it! Sylvia is also correct about some people being selective in their faith in the system. That's the beauty of being skeptical - I never have faith in anything!
It is your right as a human being to have an axe to grind. Grind away terming a hero that deserves an award for protecting the public as a "murderer."

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Wow what a comment Bob, you must feel if you were in that position you would be guilty and hope for a reprieve?

This was not my point at all, it is that person acting with in the law and faced with a trail by a jury of their peers would be validated.

Thus jury after weighing all the facts found him not guilty but not in some eyes.
As for me I have not seen the evidence and was not in the court room thus I would hope our citizens acted correctly.