• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More states getting on board to stop federal regulation

the sac

imported post

States Challenge Federal Gun Regulations

By Kamika Dunlap on April 9, 2010

Several states have taken up legislation to keep firearms made inside their borders free from federal gun regulations.

Arizona is the latest state to join a handful of others challenging federal gun laws. The states have adopted a version of the "Firearms Freedom Act," according to World Net Daily News.

The laws passed by Arizona, Wyoming, South Dakota, Utah, Tennessee and Montana are intended to break down federal government authority over the supply of firearms.

There are several other states in various stages of their own plans to challenge federal gun laws by rolling out the Firearms Freedom Act (FFA). Alaska, Idaho and Oklahoma all have legislation that is approaching the stage of being presented to a governor to be made into law.

The FFA was originally introduced and passed in Montana. It declared that firearms made and retained in-state are beyond the authority of Congress.

South Dakota recently joined the legal battle and is supporting Montana in a lawsuit over its right to regulate firearms.

South Dakota Legislature passed a bill patterned after Montana law is the subject of a pending federal suit. The bill says the federal government can't regulate guns that are made and sold within South Dakota.

The states claim the federal government can't regulate guns that aren't involved in interstate commerce.

As previously discussed, Virginia lawmakers passed 20 gun-related bills that make it easier to buy and sell guns.

The package of bills relaxes state gun laws and has sparked a renewed debate around the 2nd Amendment.

But several lawmakers worry that the legal changes could make Virginia the source of gun purchases for across-state sales.

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/ sorry about them trying to get money, still some good info

Hope you all enjoy

KansasKraut

imported post

It's good to see the states finally starting to stick up for themselves. I hope they continue to use the 10th Amendment as a means for beating back the ever-encroaching tentacles of the federal octopus. But good golly, there's a lot of beatin' yet to do...

Article1section23

imported post

MrAwesome wrote:
Could this mean..... automatic firearms?!?!!?
Not under any FFA that I've read to date. I don't believe they have barrel requirements or for silencers. Semi for now. Once we get a court opinion and depending on what they say, perhaps that will be the next step.