• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday OC Meet.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Yep! It's coming around again. It's time for the 2nd Saturday OC Meet.

Date: 5/8/10
Time: 8:00 am
Place: Starbucks at 348th Street and Hwy 99 in Federal Way

Hope to see you there!:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

ETF: Date

69Charger

imported post

8:00 am as in the morning on a Saturday? OUCH. :(
Is this a FIRM time?
I would like to show up but when it comes to being up, dressed and in Federal way by 8:00am, for me, it is easier said then done. :(
I will keep watching this thread to see if she gets modified a little to help accommodate us lazy bones. :)
Dave

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Yes, this is the time we always meet for this "Second Sat. Coffee Meetup". You're lucky you're so close... Some of the guys come from way further.

69Charger

imported post

Maybe CHANGE would be GOOD?
I don't think I am the only 1 that might wright this off because it is so early?
I'm not trying to stir the pot or make a fuss with any one about this, I am just wondering.:)
Dave

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

69Charger wrote:
Just thinking about attendance. :)
We have between 5 and 10 each time. Which is perfect. Anymore and we would draw attention to ourselves and Starbucks. Starbucks has asked that they not be put in the middle of the debate. We are trying to honor that request yet still meet up and have our coffee.

69Charger

imported post

Understood. :?
I will give it a shot.
See ya there. :)

holeinhead

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Yep! It's coming around again. It's time for the 2nd Saturday OC Meet.

Date: 4/8/10
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet! Anyone got a Mr. Fusion capable of generating 1.21 Gigawatts?

I'm weird and I work on Saturdays.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Norman wrote:
I'm with you Charger. at 8am on a Saturday I'm thinking "mmmm, I can sleep for another 2 hour or so"
Well, we could always have our own secret treehouse club meeting in Tacoma or Lacey at 10am! However, I'd rather keep it centralized so we all get to meet and greet each other.

Maybe I should set up a later morning meet for us Tacoma and Olympia types on the third Saturday of the month.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Norman wrote:
I'm with you Charger. at 8am on a Saturday I'm thinking "mmmm, I can sleep for another 2 hour or so"
Well, we could always have our own secret treehouse club meeting in Tacoma or Lacey at 10am! However, I'd rather keep it centralized so we all get to meet and greet each other.

Maybe I should set up a later morning meet for us Tacoma and Olympia types on the third Saturday of the month.

I think this is a great idea! There's no reason not to have more than one regularly scheduled meet. We really need to have them all across the state.

69Charger

imported post

If there is a gathering in Tacoma, I will be there every time. I will look into finding a spot. 10:00 sounds good to me. Updates to come. :)
Dave

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

69Charger wrote:
If there is a gathering in Tacoma, I will be there every time. I will look into finding a spot. 10:00 sounds good to me. Updates to come. :)
Dave

Now, THAT's what I'm talkin' about! We need more regularly scheduled meets throughout the state. You don't have to attend them all, but you should be able to find one in your area.

tyguy808

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Now, THAT's what I'm talkin' about! We need more regularly scheduled meets throughout the state. You don't have to attend them all, but you should be able to find one in your area.

We have been trying to do regular meetings, once a week, in Bellingham. A couple guys have been hooking up that often. I have been trying to go, but have been slammed lately. I'll let those guys chime in on an exact time, day and location.

Sorry about the thread-jack!