• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOCAL Meeting May 5, 2010

sraacke

imported post

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) will hold it'smonthly business meeting on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 6:30pm at the Shoneys resturant in LaPlace, La.

LOCAL members and those who are interested in Open Carry are encouraged to attend. More information can found by visiting the LOCAL website and forums at http://www.laopencarry.org/portal.php.

sraacke

imported post

Bump.

We have a pretty full agenda for this meeting so it will be pretty busy compared to some we have had in the past.All LOCAL members are strongly encouraged to be there. Nonmembers are welcome to sit in. Look forward to seeing everyone Wednesday evening.

sraacke

imported post

tntorqu wrote:
ill be there!!!!:celebrate
I'm looking forward to seeing you there. I will be printing up the agenda and April minutes shortly as I do every month. Usual secratary duties. We have so much on the agenda I am going to be writting my hand off.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

yale wrote:
tntorqu wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing you there. I will be printing up the agenda and April minutes shortly as I do every month. Usual secratary duties. We have so much on the agenda I am going to be writting my hand off.
Use your digital recorder next time - frees up your hands for gestures too. :)

Transcribe 'em when you get home.

Yata hey

Double_J

imported post

Unfortunately I will not be able to make this meeting as I have to go to work at 2 A.M. and need all the sleep I will be able to get. I do hope that it works out well and we get everything on the agenda sorted out.

Until next time we should meet, be safe, shoot straight, and keep your powder dry.

Double_J

ManInBlack

imported post

I think I'll come check it out. I've never been to a local meet as of yet and living in the Big Sleazy, I need to take my OC opportunities where I can get them!

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
yale wrote:
tntorqu wrote:

Yata hey
I'll do you one better. I'll be sporting my uCorder IRDC150 Wearable Video Camera tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/uCorder-IRDC150-Wearable-Camera-Recorder/dp/B002OEBKEK

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
yale wrote:
tntorqu wrote:

Yata hey
I'll do you one better. I'll be sporting my uCorder IRDC150 Wearable Video Camera tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/uCorder-IRDC150-Wearable-Camera-Recorder/dp/B002OEBKEK

Just remember to turn it off when you go to the bathroom so that you're not accused of violating the state's "Video Voyeurism" law. ;)

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78391

sraacke

imported post

It was a great meeting. The Shoneys Manager really is friendly and goes all out to accomodate us. The "Family Room" meeting area had HVAC problems. The vents were blowing hot air and they couldn't shut it off. So the Manager moved us into the regular resurant seating area and gave us the whole back part of the resturant next to the buffet.

We had 17 people show up for the meeting. It went pretty well. We got lots of stuff done and tabled a few items to be brought up in future meetings. Our Committees are doing good work and it's showing.

I posted the Meeting Minutes along with photos in the General Discussion of the LOCAL website. http://www.laopencarry.org/minutes-for-may-2010-meeting-public-t373.html