• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Snob Cafe

Dreamer

imported post

For me, one of the key secondary factors in choosing a handgun (after reliability, factory-build quality, and reputation) is whether it can easily be modified or customized. I like my firearms to be the way I want them--grips, controls, sights, finish--and if a gun can't be easily customized by me or a gunsmith I generally won't even look at it twice.

Of course, this requirement pretty much limits me to 1911-style guns, Browning HiPowers, and S&W/Taurus-style revolvers. But Im not complaining...

If it's ain't plastic, it will be fantastic... ;)

hp-hobo

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
I gotta know, and be honest.

how many other handguns do you own?

how many different handguns have you carried?

I think that's been answered elsewhere on this forum. But just for you, of the top of my head and in no particular order;

Glock 17,19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27

Ruger SR9C, LCP

Beretta 92FS

Sig 225 P6

Rossi 68, 85, 461

S&W 64-3, 64-5, 60-1, 36-1, 5906

Skky CPX-1

Armscor M206

American Classic II (Metro Arms) 1911

A few .22 caliber plinkers and training guns

Assorted and sundry Com Bloc surplus guns, mostly in 9x18

A large assortment of my prized and beloved Saturday Night Specials

My ever growing family of Hi-Points

And I'm sure there's something I forgot, but I'm not looking in the safes. Most of them get carried at least occasionally, a few get carried often.

In other words I own (and carry) more guns than most people on this forum, probably including you. I'm fairly knowledgeableand have a broad base of personal experience. And I'm smart enough to know a good serviceable tool at a more than fair price. Made in America too.

So what's your point, assuming you have one?

ETA: Steyr M9

groovedrummer

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

I think that's been answered elsewhere on this forum. But just for you, of the top of my head and in no particular order;

Ruger SR9C, LCP

Beretta 92FS

Sig 225 P6

Rossi 68, 85, 461

Skky CPX-1

Armscor M206

And I'm sure there's something I forgot, but I'm not looking in the safes. Most of them get carried at least occasionally, a few get carried often.

In other words I own (and carry) more guns than most people on this forum, probably including you. I'm fairly knowledgeableand have a broad base of personal experience. And I'm smart enough to know a good serviceable tool at a more than fair price. Made in America too.

HAHAHAH a safe full of glocks and your all about hi-point???

mmmhummmm

watch how easy it is to lie...

I have 3 full auto ak-47s

a couple 50s

an 1800s colt single action army (made entirely of gold)

50 colt 1911s

and a couple glocks

two or three bazookas (im not sure cause im not looking in my safe at the moment.)

and a box of grenades

so lets see some pictures of em next two your beloved hi-point.

Snakemathis

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
hp-hobo wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

Ruger SR9C, LCP

Beretta 92FS

Sig 225 P6

Rossi 68, 85, 461

Skky CPX-1

Armscor M206

mmmhummmm

a couple 50s

50 colt 1911s

and a couple glocks

two or three bazookas (im not sure cause im not looking in my safe at the moment.)

and a box of grenades

I literally laughed out loud at that. But I agree, if this man truly is the gun-toting-single-handed-pistol-packing-God of firearms he claims to be I want pictures. Of all, beside his HP. Rofl, I'm still laughing. :celebrate

hp-hobo

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

mmmhummmm

a couple 50s

50 colt 1911s

and a couple glocks

and a box of grenades

I'm sorry. I thought I was conversing with someone with half a brain. Maybe a quarter of a brain instead.

Just because in your little world it's not possible for someone to have nice things but still appreciate less nice things, I'm a liar. That makes you a moron, or at least exceedingly ignorant.

But you have proven that you're capabable of , and even admitted to, being a liar. I bet your mother is so proud of you.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
HKbulletsBackwards.jpg
Guys, is it just me, or are the bullets loaded backwards in that mag in this ad? :shock:

groovedrummer

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Wow. He asks. You answer. He says you lie!

Why even ask? :shock:

well... I didnt know he was gonna claim to own a safe chock full of good pistols while carrying and arguing for hi point...

really...did anyone see that coming?

honestly

I wanna hear from someone that owns a few of the pistols he mentioned that actually ops to carry a hi point...

if this guy is for real, hes is an anomaly.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yea, at this point it's pix or gtfo. I work at a gun store and have shot many current production automatics. I tried the USP and just didn't like it. Same with a 226 BW Tac, S&W M&P, SA XD/M, etc. I do like the Glocks and will be picking one up again one of these days. I don't trust High Points and our store refuses to carry them due to reliability issues and other reasons. I get calls all the time asking for firing pins, misc parts, and whether we carry them or work on them. To each their own, not much (in my eyes) stacks up next to a good 1911.

I currently carry a Custom Caspian .45 at work and a Walther PPK/S (Interarms not S&W) when not working. Here's a pic of the .45 and I'm too lazy to take one of the Walther atm.

2010-04-08153734.jpg

groovedrummer

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

mmmhummmm

a couple 50s

50 colt 1911s

and a couple glocks

and a box of grenades

I'm sorry. I thought I was conversing with someone with half a brain. Maybe a quarter of a brain instead.

Just because in your little world it's not possible for someone to have nice things but still appreciate less nice things, I'm a liar. That makes you a moron, or at least exceedingly ignorant.

But you have proven that you're capabable of , and even admitted to, being a liar. I bet your mother is so proud of you.
Im a moron liar because you claim to own over $10,000 worth of handguns (in an argument over how awesome you think hi point is) and I call you out???....

nice... hhahhahahahahahahah

hp-hobo

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
well... I didnt know he was gonna claim to own a safe chock full of good pistols while carrying and arguing for hi point...

honestly

I wanna hear from someone that owns a few of the pistols he mentioned that actually ops to carry a hi point...

You're a moron who believes his own strawman arguments.

Show me anywhere I said I carry a Hi-Point. Citation please. The fact of the matter is that I recommend against carrying a Hi-Point because they're unsafe to carry with one in the pipe. I've even done so on this very forum.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=40277&forum_id=5&jump_to=691865#p691865

So are you done making yourself look stupid in public, or do you want to go another round?

ETA: The second sentence should have said "carry a Hi-Point only and no other make or model of gun".

eye95

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
eye95 wrote:

honestly

Unfortunately, on the Internet, baiting someone and playing gotcha games is no anomaly.

groovedrummer

imported post

eye95 wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:
eye95 wrote:

honestly

Unfortunately, on the Internet, baiting someone and playing gotcha games is no anomaly.

BAITING????

I ask him what he has carried and what he owns...he told the tall tail all on his own.

eye95

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

He was set up from the get not to be believed.

When I saw this post, I said to myself that I wouldn't respond to such a cross-examination. He replied. The jaws of the trap slammed shut.

Anyway, I pointed out what I wanted to.

Carry on.

cscitney87

imported post

This is my Taurus. I paid over $400 for this .45 ACP. Polymer and Stainless Steel; take down lever, 6+1, ambidextrous mag release, etc etc.

My Hi Point is a great pistol and I would carry my Hi Point everywhere if I could find a suitable holster to conceal.

There Are gun owners that own Not Cheap pistols and still love their Hi Points and wish to carry them for personal defense.