• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Snob Cafe

Superlite27

imported post

Hi Point to HK.....

...from bad to worse.

You're going from a group who is probably a little too proud of their crappy guns to a group who is obnoxiouslyarrogant about theirmediocre ones.

Hk.......because we're better than you.

groovedrummer

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Hi Point to HK.....

...from bad to worse.

You're going from a group who is probably a little too proud of their crappy guns to a group who is obnoxiouslyarrogant about theirmediocre ones.

:lol: I actually laughed out loud.

groovedrummer

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
what kind of 1911 is in your picture wolf?
Colt series 70

by the way I want nothing to do with this fight...I just laughed because it seems like theres a gun loyal fight around every corner on this site.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg

hp-hobo

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
This is for all of us "gunsnobs" who get flack for not liking hi-point.

HK ALL DAY:)
You sir, and I use the term very loosely, are an idiot. You even started a thread to prove it.

Nobody on this forum, anywhere that I can find anyway, takes issue with someone who doesn't like Hi-Points. Much like blondes versus brunettes versus redheads or Dodge versusFord versus Chevy,it's all about personal preference. A mature adult would know that.

No, the problem with you and people like you, are that they use lies, innuendoand third hand information about Hi-Points (or any other manufacturer for that matter) to degrade them and tomake them feel better about whatever their brand of choice is. The fact of the matter is that Hi-points are heavy (objective) and kinda ugly (subjective) but for thousands of owners they are absolutely accurate, dependable, and functional tools at a budget price. Some of us don't need to have an expensive gun to hide other personal shortcomings.

An HK is a good gun. It should be for double the price of a Glock and six times the price of a Hi-Point. Someday when I need a gun to sit in the safe and look pretty, I might even buy one.

groovedrummer

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
This is for all of us "gunsnobs" who get flack for not liking hi-point.

HK ALL DAY:)
You sir, and I use the term very loosely, are an idiot. You even started a thread to prove it.

Nobody on this forum, anywhere that I can find anyway, takes issue with someone who doesn't like Hi-Points. Much like blondes versus brunettes versus redheads or Dodge versusFord versus Chevy,it's all about personal preference. A mature adult would know that.

No, the problem with you and people like you, are that they use lies, innuendoand third hand information about Hi-Points (or any other manufacturer for that matter) to degrade them and tomake them feel better about whatever their brand of choice is. The fact of the matter is that Hi-points are heavy (objective) and kinda ugly (subjective) but for thousands of owners they are absolutely accurate, dependable, and functional tools at a budget price. Some of us don't need to have an expensive gun to hide other personal shortcomings.

An HK is a good gun. It should be for double the price of a Glock and six times the price of a Hi-Point. Someday when I need a gun to sit in the safe and look pretty, I might even buy one.
well congratulations...Im pretty sure this threads gonna get locked the second the mods see it.

well I guess im getting sucked into this one...

trust me, I dont spend extra money to hide my shortcomings, I just don't want to put all my faith on a $100 "bargain" pistol... I been around long enough to see that no matter what people say on the internet, you do get what you pay for, and every time I go for the wildly affordable option (no matter what it is) I get burned 99.9999999% of the time and I just end up wishing I saved a bit more and bought something worth buying.

If your comfortable with it, than thats fine..if it works for you...thats fine

but I can think of a lot more comfortable ways for me to save money.

and as for the HK guys...Ive never been around an HK that did anything but what it was supposed to...

maybe theres a crazy following for em...its not the guns fault that some think its the only option...

this thread should have never started...it was a burning plane from the beginning

groovedrummer

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
anyone know of a good suppresor for a sig p226 tactical in the$1000-12000 range?my brother and i have been looking around. open to any suggestions.
isnt yankee hill in that price range?

I hear nothing but good stuff about them.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
anyone know of a good suppresor for a sig p226 tactical in the$1000-12000 range?my brother and i have been looking around. open to any suggestions.
We sell a lot of AWC suppressors at work and many of my co-workers like them. Give them a shot.

http://www.awcsystech.com/

Edit

Silencer co. has some good stuff as well. Very reasonable prices and very lightweight.

http://www.silencerco.com/Silencerco/

Superlite27

imported post

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg

Hk: Our guns are so awesome,we can fire bullets BACKWARDS!

I'm just fanning the flames. (I should probably stop doing that, but it's so much FUN!)

I firmly believe there are perfectly good reasons for anyone to carry anything. Some folks are so happy with their inexpensive firearms, they laugh at idiots that spend all their money on high priced guns that don't shoot any better that thiers. At the same time, folks with expensive firearms are laughing at the morons who buy junk that can't perform as well as theirs.

I've shot Highpoints. They're decent guns. Pretty reliable. Not only can you afford it, you have enough money left to buy ammo on the same shopping trip.

I've shot Ed Brown custom shop guns. Wow. They sure are a pleasure to shoot. We're talkin' the Mercedes of firearms.

As hp-hobo stated above, it's all Ford vs. Chevy.

ALL guns have their pro's and con's. We all have our favorites and"un"favorites.

I just like throwing wrenches into the ointment. (or flies into the machine). If you take my snide comments too personally about your favorite firearm.......

....maybe you're a little too attached to the "branding" rather than the firearm itself.

1245A Defender

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Hi Point to HK.....

...from bad to worse.

My gun committed suicide today...
HK fans should read this thread!!!

groovedrummer

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
Hi Point to HK.....

...from bad to worse.

That means a whole lot of nothin.

Ive also seen pics of glocks that have blown up for weird reasons. 90% of the time its because of a stupid careless re loader and the other 10% was poor quality brass due to a slip in factory quality controls combined with the partially unsupported chamber equaled a boom.

hell I also saw a guy who admitted to over charging a .45 that blew up a 1911.

but to me, that HK fail looks like a bad, or thin head on that case that failed, it doesn't look to be the guns fault..the damage seems to have come from gas going a direction it shouldn't (because the case failed) and chewing up some plastic. show me a split barrel (not due to a squid load follow up) or a cracked slide and ill say there's probably a real problem.

hp-hobo

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Wow! Very interesting. :quirky

So... For just under $1000 I can get a gun that might KB and comes with only a two part warranty (if it breaks in half, you can keep both parts). Or for $150ish, I can get a piece of junk with a lifetime warranty.

Before you start, show me one instance of a Hi-Point going KaBoom (the one plastered all over the internetz that was intentionally damaged doesn't count). Then show me a Hi-Point owner who ever had to pay Hi-Point to have their gun repaired.

Oh yeah, don't forget to include some lame excuses and third hand information.

groovedrummer

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Wow! Very interesting. :quirky

So... For just under $1000 I can get a gun that might KB and comes with only a two part warranty (if it breaks in half, you can keep both parts). Or for $150ish, I can get a piece of junk with a lifetime warranty.

Before you start, show me one instance of a Hi-Point going KaBoom (the one plastered all over the internetz that was intentionally damaged doesn't count). Then show me a Hi-Point owner who ever had to pay Hi-Point to have their gun repaired.

Oh yeah, don't forget to include some lame excuses and third hand information.
I gotta know, and be honest.

how many other handguns do you own?

how many different handguns have you carried?