• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News Flash from the Constitution State

Edward Peruta

imported post

This is exactly why peopleapply for and possessCCWs or Openly Carryfirearms.

I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had the victim been required to load his weapon while confronted with a KNIFE?

www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-mugger-shooter-0428,0,1522536.story

Courant.com
Police Identify Would-Be Robber, Man Who Shot Him
The Hartford Courant

1:35 PM EDT, April 27, 2010

NEW HAVEN

A would-be mugger who was shot Monday afternoon when he attempted to rob a man armed with a gun has been identified as a 40-year-old from New Haven.

Hector Santiago was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening. He was in fair condition Tuesday.

Police: Intended Victim Shoots Mugger In New Haven

The man who shot him was identified as William Kiselewsky, 65, of Southbury.

He was eating lunch on a park bench about 1 p.m. near St. Michael's Church on Wooster Place when Santiago approached him.

"Give me all your money or I'll stab you," Santiago, who was armed with a knife, allegedly said to Kiselewsky, police said. He backed Kiselewsky up against a fence, then Kiselewsky pulled out a gun and fired, police said. Police said Kiselewsky was licensed to carry his firearm. He was questioned and released.

Witnesses told police they saw a struggle between the two men and heard gunshots.

Copyright © 2010, The Hartford Courant