Thread: Travelling through TN - clarification needed

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I want to make sure I understand this correctly: Assuming that one has a valid permit that is honored by TN, it IS legal to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, however you cannot have a round in the chamber. Is this correct?

Also, what about when you are not in a vehicle? Are you still not allowed to have a round chambered?

Lastly, I'm assuming that there isn't any problem with carrying a loaded revolver, right?
    Carry on!

Post imported post

Ruger wrote:
    I want to make sure I understand this correctly:* Assuming that one has a valid permit that is honored by TN, it IS legal to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, however you cannot have a round in the chamber.* Is this correct?

Also, what about when you are not in a vehicle?* Are you still not allowed to have a round chambered?*

Lastly, I'm assuming that there isn't any problem with carrying a loaded revolver, right?
    If you have a carry permit that TN honors you can carry a loaded AND chambered handgun. I don't know of any state that if you can legally carry you can't have a chambered round. Maybe what you are thinking of is a rifle/shotgun. In that situation you can not have a round chambered, but the gun can otherwise be loaded in your vehicle.