• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shooting in nm state park

danielle28

imported post

we were at navjo camping my dog got out my husband was chaseing her she went after another dog sowe are complitly responsable for that .......my husband was stradled over my dog holding the harness pulling her away the guy pulled a gun and shot my dog while he was holding her my 4 yr daughter was 5 foot away and my other kids were less than 10 feet away.he shot one more when my husband let go then chased the dog to my campsite and shot again then clamed he was a cop when i yelled at him there was no action taken for endangering lifes or shooting in state park camp ground.am i wrong for being upset ?:cuss:

Superlite27

imported post

danielle28 wrote:
we were at navjo camping my dog got out my husband was chaseing her she went after another dog sowe are complitly responsable for that .......my husband was stradled over my dog holding the harness pulling her away the guy pulled a gun and shot my dog while he was holding her my 4 yr daughter was 5 foot away and my other kids were less than 10 feet away.he shot one more when my husband let go then chased the dog to my campsite and shot again then clamed he was a cop when i yelled at him there was no action taken for endangering lifes or shooting in state park camp ground.am i wrong for being upset ?:cuss:

Firstofall you have a tendency to write a bunch of words together without any reagard to sentence structure or punctuation so it is a little hard to make out what you are writing about but after reading through your entire post several timesi believe i have determined that you are posting a story about an incident that happened to you in navajo LAKE state park in mexico.

So I performed several internet searches, but was unable to find an incident matching your description. I also called several friends who live in New Mexico and they haven't heard anything either.

What law enforcement entity covers this jurisdiction? This will allow a FOIA request to find a documantable source. Otherwise, we just have to take you at your word......a person who just shows up out of the blue and relates a poorly structured story (You have to admit, poorly constructed sentences and bad punctuation does absolutely nothing for your credibility.)

When did this occur?

BTW:

Remember this part:

we are complitly responsable for that

???

In this sentence, you appear to admit guilt. It does say, "We are completely responsible for that".

So, realizing that you are at fault for letting your canine loose, who are you to determine how threatened someone else feels? Doesn't the person who encounters this threatening animal get to determine how threatened they are by it?

It IS threatening. You, yourself state:

my dog got out my husband was chaseing her she went after another dog

You appear to state that your dog gets loose and indiscriminately attacks other things. Evidently, a person is threatened enough by this attack dog to warrant self defense. Unfortunately, YOU are not the authority on how threatened SOMEONE ELSE feels.

I will continue to look for any articles or mentions of this incident in the media. If you can tell us what Law enforcement agency is investigating your attack dog, we can be certain by a Freedom of Information Act request that will provide documentation supporting your claim.

Until then, I reccommend not letting your dog attack things. It's kind of mootsince:
we are complitly responsable for that

Yup. You just owned it. Any overt act makes you the agressor (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aggressor)

It is now entirely in the hands of the person being attacked as to how they ensure their safety. Youforfeited this determinationby failing to prevent your dog from attacking, therefore, becoming the agressor. You admit this, yourself.

I now ask you another question:

What response are you hoping to receive, or outcome are you hoping to achieve?

After all, you have postedan account of your dog attacking someoneon a discussion board comprised of people who believe in taking the responsibility for protecting themselves.

As this is a civil rights discussion group, this would be similar to posting an account of a cross burning on a Martin Luther King discussion board, or a gay stomping on a gay and lesbian rights board.

Please explain your desired reaction or reveal your "trollness".