• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Badger Guns

barronburke

imported post

Police Investigate Fatal Shooting At Badger Guns Medical Examiner's Office Says Death Appears To Be SuicidePOSTED: 2:38 pm CDT April 27, 2010
UPDATED: 3:54 pm CDT April 27, 2010
]http://cf.wisn.com/mil/sh/toafriend/index.cfm?page=http://www.wisn.com/news/23280407/detail.html','width=490,height=275');]
email_story_icon.gif
Email [/url] Print Comments (2) IBSYS.application.Application.registerComponent('IBSYS.hrst.commentCount','N2F616C6F1909',{ }); WEST MILWAUKER, Wis. -- [align=center] [/align]A man was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon at Badger Guns, according to the West Milwaukee police chief.He said the shooting happened during target practice at the target range inside Badger Guns.The Medical Examiner's office was called to the scene and said that preliminary reports indicate the death was a suicide.

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=12082 for news

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

AaronS wrote:
I sure do wish this guy would have done this in his own home. I wonder if it was a rental gun...

odds on that it was a rental ...

seems to be a rash of this type of ending life. maybe the anti gunners?

or copycat? either way the family is are the ones that suffer suicide is not the answer for sure !

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Really? Again. I hate to say this, but something needs to be done about these ranges. Maybe allow only like 3 shooters at a time under close supervision or something.

Jason in WI

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Really? Again. I hate to say this, but something needs to be done about these ranges. Maybe allow only like 3 shooters at a time under close supervision or something.
Are you serious?

Why would you place any blame on the range? People overdose to commit suicide all the time, maybe the pharmacist should come to peoples houses when they need to take their meds so they don't get funny ideas. Someone stepped in front of a train around here not to long ago, maybe the train should have pillows and stuffed bears attached to the front and be restricted to four miles an hour so that doesn't happen again.

Teej

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Shooters needs to do something. Things like this keep happening, and it'll be the death of them.
This wasn't Shooters.

Japan has twice the suicide rate we do (we're not even in the top 35!) and practically none of them are by gun...because they generally don't have 'em.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What can any range really do? There isn't some magical way to tell if someone is going to commit suicide on their range. If there was they'd get thrown out. It's tragic but it's be no different than renting a car and driving into a wall at high speed.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Jason in WI wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
Are you serious?

Why would you place any blame on the range? People overdose to commit suicide all the time, maybe the pharmacist should come to peoples houses when they need to take their meds so they don't get funny ideas. Someone stepped in front of a train around here not to long ago, maybe the train should have pillows and stuffed bears attached to the front and be restricted to four miles an hour so that doesn't happen again.
+1

__

Banned
imported post

Not do pile on or anything but it should be clear that he is a thorugh jerk.

M

McX

imported post

something wrong with a society when it's citizens rent a gun to kill themselves. must be the "economy kill" program. :shock:

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Maybe the little corporal can lecture us on his experience with the Army's solution to rampant suicides.

http://www.google.com/search?q=army+suicides
Doug, you little infant, shut your useless mouth up. I am not a corporal. Also since you think that is a funny subject to choke about, you ought to be banned. I had a friend kill himself after his last deployment you a sshole. Seriously, I want Doug, banned, now.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Banning Doug for a comment would be a violation of his 1st Amendment Rights.

Try ignoring someone whose posts do not appeal to you.
Especially when he finds something 'choking' about suicide.

I am quite a bit older than Napoleon and have suffered through more veteran friends' funerals at the enemies hands and their own. Saturday, a neighbor took a 12 ga. pill that was fatal.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100428/ADV0103/4280604/Haller--Roy-W.

He won't see me whining about much of any thing. But I will damn him as a thug Bonobo.