• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Badger Guns

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

See what I mean about the high school come backs? You dustin have just shown just how unimportant you are to this forum and the cause.

Your just not worth arguing with.

It is truly amazing how someone can join the reserves and actually be forced to go and do some war time duty and then he think the whole world is about him. Just amazing.

As much as I appreciate all veterans and active duty personel, its the guys like you who haven't done us any justice.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I don't think government intervention is the answer at all. There is too much government already.

Or maybe you were referring to the comment posted earlier about punishing someone for yelling fire in a crowded theater.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Oh and yours is priceless I suppose?

Grow up, Being in the reserves doesn't mean you have any common sense it only means you like to volunteer for the glory of everyone seeing you and paying attention to you because you wear a helmet or were you forced to join?

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Get over yourself. You are wrong on 2 points, first I am not in the reserves. Secondly, when have I ever said my opinion mattered more because I am in the military? Because I said I had more experience with GI magazines than others? I wasn't gloating, I was sharing my experiences. Go home.

BTW, I joined because I love my country, not for glory. Anyone thats been in combat know its not glorious, obviously you haven't.
After I reread your post, you basically insinuated that anyone in the reserves has no common sense and is in only for glory. OFFENSIVE

Lastly, dont try and take the high road Gleason, you insulted me first, just like you did the first time, unprovoked. You also got very childish, unprovoked, the first time. I am not going to engage in a constructive argument with a fake, you only said what you said on this thread because you dont like me. I'd be willing to bet because you dont like it when I insult Doug after he pokes at me. So, you, grow up.

AaronS

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
I see ranges eliminating the "rental gun". It will make it tougher on the sale of weapons for the regular folk who want to get a feel for the gun before purchasing. But it is a fairly new concept, and people boughts guns before they could try them out.
I am going to guess that the insurers of gun ranges will be the ones that tell the shops that gun rentals are out. I don't see any need to stop renting guns, but the insurance company might...

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

wow , this went south quick.

Back on topic - rentals being supervised by employees would be a good idea. The one time I rented a gun I would have preferred that an employeehad been in there with me, just to help familiarize me with a gun I wasn't used to. However, supervision should not be mandated by our elected officials.

AaronS

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
wow , this went south quick.

Back on topic - rentals being supervised by employees would be a good idea. The one time I rented a gun I would have preferred that an employeehad been in there with me, just to help familiarize me with a gun I wasn't used to. However, supervision should not be mandated by our elected officials.
You have a good point Brendon. When you get a new gun it comes with a book, to try to teach you how it all works. When you rent a gun, you do not get the manual. I would think that the shop would "run" over the operation of the gun with the renter. My thought on this is that it might be the first time this person has ever held a gun. I for one, would never hand a gun over to a "newbie" with out first going over the workings of it. I don't think this should take any action of law. It should be left up to the store that is handing over the rental.

hunter9mm

imported post

IMHO the oversight needed to properly supervise the safe operation for the rentalof handguns at a range will just never come into play.The cost will force the gun shops to drop the program if it becomes mandatory. Let's be real, although something needs to be done, I'm afraid to say that it's still all about the profit. And that set aside for now, unless the gun shop does one-on-one supervision with every rental, how would one "Range Guard" stop someone from eating a bullet if they really were intent on suicide. It's a shame that this is becoming an issue of discussion at all, but I think it's a sign of our down turned economy, to the point that some poor schmuck is sobad off that suicide is his only way out but he can't even afford to buy the gun to do it. Now that's a very sad state of affairs, if you ask me...

My 2 cents worth...

CUOfficer

imported post

Food for thought....these people who are using a range to commit suicide obviously must not own a firearm at home...Right? So wouldn't they be easier to spot when the come in to rent a gun? I mean I would think you would probably go to the range with a specific gun in mind that you would like to test fire. Also, wouldn't this person seem "inexperienced" with a firearm. I.E. asking how to operate the magazine release and load a magazine?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Get over yourself. You are wrong on 2 points, first I am not in the reserves. Secondly, when have I ever said my opinion mattered more because I am in the military? Because I said I had more experience with GI magazines than others? I wasn't gloating, I was sharing my experiences. Go home.

BTW, I joined because I love my country, not for glory. Anyone thats been in combat know its not glorious, obviously you haven't.
After I reread your post, you basically insinuated that anyone in the reserves has no common sense and is in only for glory. OFFENSIVE

Lastly, dont try and take the high road Gleason, you insulted me first, just like you did the first time, unprovoked. You also got very childish, unprovoked, the first time. I am not going to engage in a constructive argument with a fake, you only said what you said on this thread because you dont like me. I'd be willing to bet because you dont like it when I insult Doug after he pokes at me. So, you, grow up.
I have seen more combat in my sleep then you have when you are awake. You don't want to go there 90 day wonder. My military service speaks for itself. I have done more and seen more and fought in more places in this world then you even know exist. I have fought in places and in battles that were not even made public by our government.

Your ego overloads your arse and you just can't back it up so it may just be best for you to move on. It was you who called my opinion worthless,

"whatever gleason. you opinion is worthless."

It is you who constantly disrespects other members here.

It is you who is constantly calling other members Troll.

You are in fact the closest thing I have seen to a Troll in quite some time.

There is nothing fake about me. I have documentation on all of my military experience.

Ranger School
Airborne School
Air Assault School
Pathfinder School
Jungle Expert

Lebenon
El Salvador
Grenada
and some others that I will not discuss.

As far as combat again I have seen much more then you can imagine.
In fact the way you respond in some of your posts I am not so sure you have seen any combat.

For example the car vs carrier thread, how quick you are to want to draw and fire.
Doesn't sound like anyone I know who has wver been in combat.

I guess the actual experience of actually taking a life has made me stop and think before I just draw and fire.

There is more too combat then just shooting. It also takes strategy, discipline, leadership ability and common sense. None of which you seem to display here.

And finally, I will never take the high road anywhere. It is not in my nature. You need to go back and recheck your posts. It is you who stirs the crap and then scoots when the fire gets hot.

If I had any choice as to which members here could be ousted, you would be at the top of the list.

Tell me one thing you have done for the cause. <Cricket chirp>

That is right a big nothing. Yet you insult the members who have.

I will say this about Doug, when I first came here I may have even felt the same way as you do. Through interacting with different members I realized that part of my problem was I didn't want to believe that after twenty three years of open carrying a firearm there was still things I needed to learn.I have had my share of disagreements with Doug, Lammie, Brass, Hugh Jarmis, and many more and while some of those arguments got heated I think I always learned something in the process and it made me a stronger person, member and contributor to the cause. I hope I was able to help them in the same way.

Sometimes Doug is doing nothing more than trying to make you think. Maybe his way of doing that seems negative too you now, but in time you will come to realize how much it has helped you along the way.

Incidently, since you may not know this, Doug was once an OCDO Researcher.
He does have a tremendous amount of knowledge to offer. Maybe you should just try asking once instead of always trying to be in charge.

You need to stop and think before you type.This may solve some of your problems.
After this I have nothing further to say to you. As far as I am concerned I will not feed the troll. Your going to do what your going to do and with the attitude you have displayed here, your not going to change that. Therefore the best option is to just ignore you.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Ive tried that. He just acts like a child and posts it public anyway. Besides, I'm done with that ******* retard. He can think what he wants. I don't care. See, I am capable of taking the high road. As far as stirring up shit, yeah not so much. And as far as not doing anything for the cause, again, let the child think what he wants. He is your typical military wanna be that posts, I'm special forces, I get people declaring that all the time when I'm in uniform. Hes a fake. Again, I'm done, I'm done with Gleason and I'm done with Doug. They can **** off.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The gun rental thing is something I have never done. When I buy a firearm I usually research it first and then read as many reviews as possible. If there are flaws in the design as determined from the reviews then I wait for it to be remedied or I just don't buy it. I usually rely heavily on Gun Tests magazine and the Internet forums for gun reviews.

How would anyone be able to determine if someone in their facility was suicidal? Behavior beyond normal should be obvious to anyone paying attention but if the person was intent on hiding their goal I think most people would miss the signs and rent the person a firearm.

Is there a form that has to be filled out and signed by anyone renting a firearm? Just wondering.