• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to Gatlinburg this weekend

zer0cool

imported post

Well Ladies and 'Gents,

I'm headed to Gatlinburg this weekend for a little birthday get away. It's the first time I've been back since I was younger. The last time I was there I was just packin' a pocket knife. This time I'll be packing more than that,:celebrate so is there anything you Volunteers think i need to know before heading your direction?

All info is appreciated.:dude:

Thanks!

Kingfish

imported post

The only issue that I knew of was the National Forrest ban. With that out of the way now I don't think Gatlinburg is much different than any other town.

No personal experience though.

Do let us know. The wife wants to go soon.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Apparently it is more interesting to debate the merits of carryingaDracoAK-47-style pistol, or carrying a pistol in the hand in the "Kwikrnu Drama" thread. :p

I'd help you if I could, but I'm not much of an expert on TN carry laws. I do know that there is NO CARRY allowed without a valid permit. Assuming that you have a valid KY permit, and that it is honored by TN, you should be ok to OC or CC.

If you ever come to NC I could help you out with our do's & do notsa little better.

zer0cool

imported post

Thanks guys, yeah I have a valid KY License. I was just wondering if there were any places i should be aware of that arent as "friendly" as others or things of that nature. Since I'm used to dealing with Kentuckians and for the most part are very pro-2A. But there are always a certain section of every state that arent as "constitutionally intellectually inclined":cuss: if you will.

Just looking for good information from good people.:celebrate

Either way thanks for responding guys.

macville

imported post

Really, the only places off limits in G-Town are restaurants that serve alcohol, and any place that is posted legally. NP is a go now, just not in buildings with federal employees (restrooms with outside entrances are a go) Not much else to say.

zer0cool

imported post

When you say legally posted... I'm just wondering, doesnt that mean they have to have all the "verbiage" on it for it to mean anything?

I'm just asking, here in KY if its a private business and its posted we just conceal since theres no legal recourse. We just have to leave when we are told to if the weapon is discovered.... How do you guys usually play it?

zer0cool

imported post

Well Ladies and 'Gents,

The trip was great we were able to get out of the area on Sunday before the horrific rain hit.

Just for general information I posted the pic of the sign I kept seeing at the entrance of all the trails we visited. I know they're void:banghead: but surprisingly they look pretty new?