• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A real menace to society!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McVey told an officer he wanted to see the president. His car was equipped with police gear, including a siren and flashing lights, although he does not work in law enforcement, authorities said. Both airport police and the Secret Service questioned him, and he was taken into custody.
What's all that about?

Rich B

imported post

marshaul wrote:
What's all that about?
What part did you not understand? What did you take issue to?

They explain in the article why his car is outfitted like that, and regardless, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it anyway (as evidenced by the charges).

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rich B wrote:
marshaul wrote:
What's all that about?
What part did you not understand? What did you take issue to?

They explain in the article why his car is outfitted like that, and regardless, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it anyway (as evidenced by the charges).
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, as in illegal or immoral or aggressive or dangerous or what have you.

Just seems a little strange. I sure wouldn't tell people I "wanted to see the President" while carrying a gun and with police lights in my non-police car.

Rich B

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I sure wouldn't tell people I "wanted to see the President" while carrying a gun and with police lights in my non-police car.

Context is everything. As it says in the article, he was watching Obama's plane take off. He wasn't rushing a crowd or a podium to 'see the president'.

Whether or not you like the president, it is not every day you see Air Force 1 take off.

I can't believe anyone can read that article and still find fault. I can't find a single thing he did wrong.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The self defense shooting in New Haven speaks louder than any words in this forum.

A man trying to eat his sandwich in a park in the afternoon was able to defend himself with his weapon and Permit to Carry.

Everyone could have been reading a different story had the victim not had a Permit to Carry and a firearm.

I wonder if the accused would have demanded money had he seen an exposed firearm.

Probably not, he would have looked for a defenseless person without a gun.