• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Carry While @ Indoor Gun Range

Otto

imported post

Just wanted to throw out the question if any places allow it... As well as why they would not.

cbnlnk121

imported post

Here is CT I've beento a few different ranges and they are OK with the holster carry as long as you DO NOT un-holster until you're at the firing line or durring a Cease Fire.

But as stated above it's always best to ask.

Edited for phrasing

Scrub

imported post

My range requires us to carry unloaded in a case, bag or holster while in the shop. Ok to use a holster on the range, but no quick draw practice without permission, and no cross-draw or shoulder rigs on the range unless specifically arranged ahead of time.

He said he has had some issues with poor muzzle control, hence the rule was made.

Can't say I like it much, they don't either, but they enforce is consistently and professionally, so it is what it is.