• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling into Nevada

Phoenix David

imported post

I'll be driving into Nevada from Arizona in May to attend a Front Sight class, can someone give me a run down of the Nevada laws on transporting a firearm in a vehicle, and open carry and a place to look it up on line?. I'll be staying in Pahrump and not going into Vegas proper, unless the freeway takes me there.

Thanks

wrightme

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
I'll be driving into Nevada from Arizona in May to attend a Front Sight class, can someone give me a run down of the Nevada laws on transporting a firearm in a vehicle, and open carry and a place to look it up on line?. I'll be staying in Pahrump and not going into Vegas proper, unless the freeway takes me there.

Thanks
Start with the pamphlet thread

I do hear that the Dam is not the route to take with firearms if that is on the in-between.

Phoenix David

imported post

Thanks for the link to the pamphlet, according to the dept of the Interior pamphlet, I'm OK there, just has to be unloaded and not more than 1K rounds. Will probably just slide it in the trunk (unloaded) to make things simpler.

When the bypass gets finished this year that will be nice.