• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Favorite Insurance Companies

Vanns40

imported post

Thought this might be a good time to refresh everyone's memory, just in case. Two of the most anti-gun companies around are Geico and Progressive Insurance. Progressive is owned by George Soros of one world, UN ban all private gun ownership fame. Geico has a similar history with different characters. Let us never forget.

eye95

imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
Thought this might be a good time to refresh everyone's memory, just in case. Two of the most anti-gun companies around are Geico and Progressive Insurance. Progressive is owned by George Soros of one world, UN ban all private gun ownership fame. Geico has a similar history with different characters. Let us never forget.
Those are pretty stark accusations. Can you provide support for the Soros ownership of Progressive? Can you define "similar history" and provide support for that "similar history."

scarletwahoo

imported post

Any more information on Geico? I never heard of this. I switched to Geico because they were significantly cheaper than anything else.

Are there any other companies as cheap as Geico? And with decent service.

eye95

imported post

Before folks go running around changing their insurance, please not that the OP has not posted one iota of support for his contentions.

We don't know who we are dealing with here. He has 22 posts. He could simply be an insurance shopper who is angry at two insurance companies who won't give him the deal he thinks he deserves.

Until and unless this guy comes back and posts support, I give his post zero credibility.

eye95

imported post

Still waiting for the OP to post support for his assertions. At least one poster is openly disputing the OP's "facts."

Well?

Walther

imported post

Code:
GEICO is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway

That's right, and it is hard to not support them here in Utah, they also own Rocky Mountain Power and RC Willy Funishings.
Oh, and Justin Boots.

Ric in Richmond

imported post

If you ever want insurance help from a forum member, VCDL lobby day leader, carry every day, 2nd amendment loving agent, that lives in Richmond....let me know....I'd love to help you! Today happens to be my 20 year anniversary playing this game so I have lots of wisdom to share!!

I am not on the board to promote my business so not putting up links.

Just PM me!!!

Ric

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Geico was able to save the failing police radar manufacturer "Kustom Signal" (speed detection radar company)by purchasing them, Geico was also responsible for funding one of the first laser speed detection devices known as the LTI 20/20.
The LTI 20/20 was filled with errors and many courts have disallowed that laser unit as proper evidence because of it.

Yes they did give then to police departments to use these donations as a tax write off. here is the Kustom website http://www.kustomsignals.com/about.asp
The more tickets cops write, the higher the chances of of their insured would get a ticket and could be charged higher rates. A very simple strategy

Geico has rules in their policy that if the vehicle is equipped with a radar or laser detector they will cancel your policy or deny compensation.

There is plenty of information about this all over the web, too much to list. So please do your own research

eye95

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Geico was able to save the failing police radar manufacturer "Kustom Signal" (speed detection radar company)by purchasing them, Geico was also responsible for funding one of the first laser speed detection devices known as the LTI 20/20.
The LTI 20/20 was filled with errors and many courts have disallowed that laser unit as proper evidence because of it.

Yes they did give then to police departments to use these donations as a tax write off. here is the Kustom website http://www.kustomsignals.com/about.asp
The more tickets cops write, the higher the chances of of their insured would get a ticket and could be charged higher rates. A very simple strategy

Geico has rules in their policy that if the vehicle is equipped with a radar or laser detector they will cancel your policy or deny compensation.

There is plenty of information about this all over the web, too much to list. So please do your own research
You don't have to list it all, just enough to substantiate your assertions. In specific please find support for your assertions that:

1. Geico saved Kustom Signal by purchasing them.

2. Geico funded the LTI 20/20.

3. Geico donated LTI 20/20s to police departments.

4. Geico has a rule to cancel policies or deny compensation if a vehicle is equipped with a radar detector.

If you cannot substantiate any or all of these claims, I strongly suggest that you retract this post--quickly. If any of what you said is untrue--even if you are simply passing along untruths you have found on the Internet--you have opened yourself up to legal action from Geico.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

You don't have to list it all, just enough to substantiate your assertions. In specific please find support for your assertions that:

4. Geico has a rule to cancel policies or deny compensation if a vehicle is equipped with a radar detector.

If you cannot substantiate any or all of these claims, I strongly suggest that you retract this post--quickly. If any of what you said is untrue--even if you are simply passing along untruths you have found on the Internet--you have opened yourself up to legal action from Geico.
Fair enough, would court challenges to Geicos no radar detector clause be good enough for you? there are hundreds of pages on this fact all over every search engine.
When I have more time to cut & paste, I will edit this post to show thesupporting evidence.
Do a little search for yourself using the keywords "Geico Gun" (use the quotes), you may be amazed.

eye95

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Fair enough, would court challenges to Geicos no radar detector clause be good enough for you? there are hundreds of pages on this fact all over every search engine.
When I have more time to cut & paste, I will edit this post to show thesupporting evidence.
Do a little search for yourself using the keywords "Geico Gun" (use the quotes), you may be amazed.
That would establish that #4 was true at least at some point in time. However, if there are court rulings against it, is it still a rule now? What about 1-3?

Pace

imported post

There is nothing that says Geico is anymore anti-gun than any other insurance company. All insurance companies are anti-anything they think creates a greater risk.

Who cares about LIDAR, what does this have to do with gun rights?