• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Perry blasts 'wily' coyote

rpyne

imported post

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9FBLE2O0.html

By JIM VERTUNO /Associated Press
Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.
Perry told The Associated Press he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-pointed bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes — and that he'd seen coyotes in that area.
When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.
"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," Perry said.

GWbiker

imported post

rpyne wrote:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9FBLE2O0.html

By JIM VERTUNO  / Associated Press
Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.
Perry told The Associated Press he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-pointed bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes — and that he'd seen coyotes in that area.
When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.
"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," Perry said.

Fatherof9

imported post

The article states further down that he has a CHL and sometimes carries. He was jogging without his security detail.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Big deal. He shot a coyote. And he has or might have a CHL. What a useless governor he is otherwise...how about him doing something just a bit more notable and important than shooting a coyote to protect his damn dog?

I mean he won't initiate any pro-gun legislation (get legislators to sponsor pro-gun bills such as OC even -- let alone Constitutional Carry like AZ did), and just found out now that he won't support getting tough with immigration like AZ has recently done, as he won't support some TX legislators presently trying to do just that with a bill similar to AZ's.

How disappointing.

Was hoping TX -- and NM as well (CA unlikely with wimp Arnold as Gov) -- would follow AZ's lead on stronger pro-gun legislation,AND also doing LOTS MOREto deter illegal immigration, which is rampant in TX. He won't. He just won't LEAD. Even after that TX rancher was killed by illegals.

[CORRECTION EDIT: It was a rancher in AZ, sorry. But still,that alsocould happen here in TX...let's not wait until it does before TX acts]

AZ Governor Brewer leads. Shame on Perry, good on Brewer. I've read that some other states are taking Brewer's lead, but not TX.

We need a new governor, one who is aggressive, has some spine and LEADS. IMO, that's what a governor of ANY state is supposed to do.

-- John D.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

...and now we hear an AZ deputy got shot by illegals/drug-dealers with AKs:

PHOENIX – After a frantic hour-long desert search, authorities found a deputy wounded in a shootout Friday with suspected illegal immigrants apparently hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in southern Arizona.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100501/ap_on_re_us/us_arizona_deputy_shot

-- John D.

RLGuthrie

imported post

Solution is simple from my point of view. If your ass doesn't come thru a border check point it gets shot off. Screw what the Pres. of Mexico has to say. Still enough Cotton Woods along the border to stretch hemp from just like the Rangers in the beginning did.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Americans were no-nonsense, definitely not PC, and made of much sterner stuff back then. Texans, too, as the sayng went: "One riot, one Ranger." And Texas Rangers cleaned up the bandit-ridden Texas/Mexican Border pretty well back then...even if two Rangers were required occasionally. ;)

Americans are pretty muchPC sissified today. Texans too. No OC and unsecured borders. Disgraceful.

-- John D.

RLGuthrie

imported post

Never been known for my "PC". Tact=A pointed device use to stick an object to a wall. Ooops that a tack. I was once told that tact was telling someone to go to hell and have them wanting to buy the ticket and look forward to the trip. Actually I don't care if they buy the ticket or look forward to the trip long as they go.

By the way, I'm from Gilmer,Texas

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the Forum.

You can go to your "My Account" and then "Profile" areato put in personal details, such as where you are from so it shows up on the left under your Forum ID/name.

I used to live in El Paso, TX, before here...but got tired of living in Mexico so I moved. It's better here, but I am still looking for America.

-- John D. (one of the 'fringe' elements here)

nonameisgood

imported post

I doubt that it really happened. Since he is a politician in the midst of reelection, I think he could be trying to garner the gun and defense votes. Supposedly it happened in February, but unless he made a contemporaneous report, I'm not going to simply accept it.

I have long suspected by his actions that he isn't the kind of person we need as the Texas governor - particularly the response to Ike, and telling the national public that we Texans couldn't take care of ourselves in the wake of a hurricane. This seems like it could be calculated to get votes.

But I do not know him, and cannot not say these things with any authority, so it is just intuition on my part. If I am wrong, accept my apologies, I am just skeptical about politicians, and lawyers.