• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison police officer smoking crack on duty

apjonas

imported post

Could someone with supernatural powers please correct the title? Leaving it as is - is wrong and suggests that accuracy is something expected only of the "other side." Teaching Moment - read twice (or more), post once - makes for a better forum and cuts down on those embarrassing apologies.

Tree_Planter

imported post

df848576-5258-11df-bee9-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Officer Michelle V. Salentine.
Image from the Wisconsin State Journal.

Last edited:

KansasKraut

imported post

Meh. Sometimes I think the politicos in this city are all smoking crack, so this is no big surprise. :lol:

OCglock1988

imported post

well... she looks more like someone who would abuse meth, I would like to see a mugshot of her in ten years. Its good to know that our peace officers are using their salaries and our taxpayer supplied time on duty to smoke crack and buy weed.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
She looks like she has been tweaking right before the picture was snapped!!

OCglock1988 wrote:
well... she looks more like someone who would abuse meth,
That's what "tweaking" means in my limited experience. A couple of tweakers that I knew would carry around a tab of crystal and chip and scrape it with their fingernails and then lick their fingers to discretely maintain the edge, "tweaking the edge."

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
She looks like she has been tweaking right before the picture was snapped!!

OCglock1988 wrote:
well... she looks more like someone who would abuse meth,
That's what "tweaking" means in my limited experience. A couple of tweakers that I knew would carry around a tab of crystal and chip and scrape it with their fingernails and then lick their fingers to discretely maintain the edge, "tweaking the edge."
My understanding of the term "Tweaker, or Tweaking" is becuase many meth users start disassembling items when they are high. They will take apart any piece of machinery they can get the paws on to try and tweak it.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Anyplace psychological tests are used as a basis for employment they are structured to the benefit of the hiring agency. Most times the results are so general they can be interpreted aspass or fail. Often they are used as a scapegoat so as to avoid threats of discrimination during the hiring process. Many times the results are so inconclusive they can be used to justify not hiring someone because the human resources interviewer doesn't like the way the applicant combs their hair. There is no such thing as a scientific psychological test. They are all opinions and interpretations. As j.gleason suggests many times the results of a phychological test rests with the psychology of the person interpreting the test.