• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC weapon/round of choice?

*1911_man*

imported post

Just decided to open a discussion on what you carry, and what round you carry in it, for your open carry firearm.
Feel free to post pics of your weapon :cool:

personally, i carry either a Glock 23, 40 cal, loaded with black talons.
Or if im feeling like lugging around a 2 pound gun, ill carry my Smith and Wesson 645 45 acp.

Thoreau

imported post

Currently I'm sticking to 180gr Speer Gold Dots (.40). Just picked up a batch of Federal HST's (also 180gr)though, and after I get a chance to test them out I may end up switching.

Either way, they're loaded into the USP:

IMG_8450.jpg

rodbender

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
Currently I'm sticking to 180gr Speer Gold Dots (.40). Just picked up a batch of Federal HST's (also 180gr)though, and after I get a chance to test them out I may end up switching.
I think you will like the Federal HST's. That's all I carry anymore. 230 gr. in a Para 14.45 1911 style. My wife carries a G22C .40 S&Wwith 165 gr. HST's.

*1911_man*

imported post

ive always wanted to try a USP, never had the chance.

As for the 22c, personally i wouldnt carry a compensated handgun, the flames that shoot out of the porting really affects your night vision, and a few times residue has gotten in my eyes, if anyone has ever gotten that in your eyes before you know it burns.

They are still awesome though

*1911_man*

imported post

i agree with the compensated thing.
Ive shot a USP, and they are very nice guns

.45acp

imported post

Colt 1911 (5") and 230 gr ball. 2 spare mags- 90%

Sometimes I'll carry a 629 3" stuffed with 240gr SWC's @ 1125 fps. 2 spare speedloaders.

Steve

GWbiker

imported post

OC handgun/round of choice in Tucson depends on weather and my mood.

My choices are -- Sig P6 w/JHP, RIA 1911 w/230FMJ, Sig P220 w/185JHP, Star 30M w/JHP, Glock 26 w/JHP or Polish P-64 w/94 gr HP.

Every morning in the Wild West scene of Arizona, I have a tough time deciding "What do I carry today".....:celebrate

*1911_man*

imported post

Nice assortment of carry pieces you got there:cool:

Just curious, why do people carry ball ammo?
I know the .45 acp is a slow moving round at close to 900 FPS but isnt over penetration still something to worry about?

GWbiker

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
My choices are -- Sig P6 w/JHP, RIA 1911 w/230FMJ, Sig P220 w/185JHP, Star 30M w/JHP, Glock 26 w/JHP or Polish P-64 w/94 gr HP.
And they say we Arizonans are against diversity!

NOT when it comes to GUNS...;)

Dahwg

imported post

I carry a 9mm CZ P-01 loaded with 147gr HST. My wife carries a Bersa Thunderer .380 but wants my CZ. I may pass it on to her as soon as she lets me buy one of those new XDM 45's I've seen advertised lately. 13+1 rounds of 230gr HST will suit me just fine. :)

*1911_man*

imported post

I used to own a Bersa thunder 380, it was actually a great gun, and extremely accurate.

mrh2008

imported post

i have the XD45 with 13+1, and have shot a couple XDM40's, i dont know what gun i like better, but i know what pricetag i like better =)

Dahwg

imported post

mrh2008 wrote:
i have the XD45 with 13+1, and have shot a couple XDM40's, i dont know what gun i like better, but i know what pricetag i like better =)

Not sure what the price tag is going to be on the XDm 45 but its release is imminent- they have a pic up on the home page of their website and a sign-up form for early bird notification: http://www.springfield-armory.com/

>meso.40< wrote:
I used to own a Bersa thunder 380, it was actually a great gun, and extremely accurate.

Oh I agree. It will make a great BUG when she gets my CZ.
The tricky part of this whole scheme is that I just bought an AR15 so umm... well... I have to behave for a while.
:lol:

*1911_man*

imported post

personally Springfield has let me down completely, i like their 1911 pistols, sorta, but the XD series have disappointed me. Ive fired the subcompact .40, the service models 40 and 45, and all 3 of them jammed on me.

Glock is about the only pistol that i would trust 100%.

Thats just my opinion and my experience though.