• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Official OC

centermass

imported post

Spent day out with the girlfriend. Made a stop at safeway, and several times at schucks as I was working on my car that afternoon. Then we all had dinner at a hotel restaurant.

No problems, was good experience.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Finally, I was wondering when you'd be assimilated!

I OC at Safeway in Lakewood all the time, and I've never had any problem.

Sparky508

imported post

You’ll find that most days of OCing are nondescript. The occasional opportunity to have a friendly conversation with someone happens ten times more often than the crappy experiences do. The only reason you don’t see posts more often describing the everyday carry, is because nothing happens, and there not anything to talk about. :?

Glock17

imported post

Thats pretty cool. I thought about open carry in Trader Joes but my instincts tell me not to. Alot of my liberal counterparts like to eat healthy as do I. Yet I don't know if they would take to kindly to me packing my Glock 17 in the store lol.

centermass

imported post

I am packin Springfield XD .40 full size.

I didnt go out thinking I would have trouble, but was still a bit nervous. A few akward glaces but still had some customer service when I asked questions at safeway.

I wish I could OC all the time. I would say I only have a few chances to OC a week as I work, go straight to school. And my girlfriend and I normally go to see movies as our thing to go out so my opportunities are low. Gonna find a smaller gun later this year so I can conceal it or unconceal easier. XD and t-shirt without using IWB holster doesnt work too well ( less I'm wearing XL shirt which I own one....an XD shirt lol)