Thread: Daley going global with anti-gun campaign

Post imported post

http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Co...?audioID=41617

Daley Going Global With Anti-Gun Campaign
    Produced by Travis Truitt on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley is taking his anti-gun campaign worldwide.

Daley spoke yesterday at the Global Cities Forum named after his father at the University of Illinois-Chicago. He wants gun trafficking and gun violence to be part of a global agenda.

More than a dozen mayors joined Daley in signing a resolution calling on the United States and other national governments to address the issue.

DALEY: Because they don't want our guns. They don't want these weapons of destruction, and not mass destruction, just destruction of human beings. They don't want these anymore. They call upon the United States government to take a leadership role addressing the issue of global gun violence by imposing greater oversight and accountability of the gun industry.

The mayors are calling on international courts to hold gun manufacturers responsible for damages.When asked if world courts have that power, Daley said, "That's why we have about 12 million lawyers."

The mayors of several cities, including Paris, Mexico City, Philadelphia and Amman, Jordan joined Daley as he also challenged the news media to increase coverage of international gun trade and gun trafficking.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

What a blatant jerk - "that's why we have about 12 million lawyers", he says... Some American....
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

Hehehe...

How, exactly would an international court enforce a decree against the good people in the Commonwealth of Virginia?

Not possible. Not going to happen.

Hizzzzonah Daley, the quasi dictator of Chicago, whose city is a putrid, crime infested dung pile because of his nanny state policies, is actually a poster child for self reliance and the need for the individual citizen to take charge of their life, including their security.

Answer me this: Who do you think would do a better job protecting you Hizzzhonah or a 1911?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

OH, I know this one! I know! I know! lol

Post imported post

Let Daley walk the streets of his city without bodyguards (paid for my taxes), he will either change is mind or he will no longer be around to sprout stupidity.

Banned

Post imported post

One_Shot wrote:
    Let Daley walk the streets of his city without bodyguards (paid for my taxes), he will either change is mind or he will no longer be around to sprout stupidity.
    Rather than taking his bodyguards away, how about government provides everyone in Chicago with one. After all, there really is a right to self-defense (as opposed to other "rights" some claim exist), so why not have universal self-defense?

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    One_Shot wrote:
    Rather than taking his bodyguards away, how about government provides everyone in Chicago with one. After all, there really is a right to self-defense (as opposed to other "rights" some claim exist), so why not have universal self-defense?
    We pay enough F-ing taxes. Can't tell me it isn't well within the budget.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Banned

Post imported post

ummm....sarcasm...

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    ummm....sarcasm...
    And it would be funny if it weren't true.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Every time that imbecile opens his mouth, he sounds like a coked up corrupt politician in a direct to DVD Steven Seagal movie.

No wonder Rahm Immanuel is looking at taking him out in the next election.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

The bottom line for all of these elitists is the fact that they consider us "mundanes" their cattle, their slaves. Slaves must not be allowed to have any means to resist their masters.

And the minute we can be disarmed, we will truly become the cattle.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    The bottom line for all of these elitists is the fact that they consider us "mundanes" their cattle, their slaves. Slaves must not be allowed to have any means to resist their masters.

And the minute we can be disarmed, we will truly become the cattle.
    ....cattle with ample firepower and plans to protect the pasture.... Bad things, any way you cut it :X

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    DALEY:...They call upon the United States government to take a leadership role addressing the issue of global gun violence by imposing greater oversight and accountability of the gun industry.

The mayors are calling on international courts to hold gun manufacturers responsible for damages.When asked if world courts have that power, Daley said, "That's why we have about 12 million lawyers."
    ...calling on the United States...take leadership role addressing issue of GLOBAL gun violence by imposing....

Key words there. So, other countries are calling on US to solve THEIR problems. Typical. We've got the BATFE to work on this domestically - what have they got? Are they spending the money and taking the steps to minimize illegal (or even legal) firearms imports? I think not.

...and the minute they can hold gun manufacturers responsible for damages abroad, could we not hold automakers responsible for automobile-related damages and deaths? Cutlery manufacturers responsible for stabbing incidents? How about holding paper mills responsible for paper cuts? Or TV and computer monitor manufacturers for vision damage? ...Or Playboy responsible for carpel tunnel? These ******** are trying like hell to pull the plug only to watch the U.S. populace go down the drain.