• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.45 / Stafford - Fredricksburg - Dale city

Assod101

imported post

Ok i live in stafford and i CANNOT find .45 ACP ammo cheap enough to shoot at the range. Every single place i call does not have winchester .45 ACP 100 packs for 30 bucks in stock. Does anyone know where i can get some decent cheap ammo around stafford - fredricksburg or dale city? Ive called at least a dozen places.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Assod101 wrote:
Ok i live in stafford and i CANNOT find .45 ACP ammo cheap enough to shoot at the range. Every single place i call does not have winchester .45 ACP 100 packs for 30 bucks in stock. Does anyone know where i can get some decent cheap ammo around stafford - fredricksburg or dale city? Ive called at least a dozen places.
It doesn't look like ammo prices are going to come down anytime soon. Just a suggestion....Form a group of shooters in your area to handload bulk ammunition.

You could get together once a month and load enough for all of you to shoot.

TFred

imported post

Lately, I've seen the best local stock at the recently remodeled Walmart at Southpoint (near the exit formerly known as Massaponax).

I think people go in there and don't know where they moved the sporting goods to, but are too lazy to go look for it. :) I recently bought a 250 count brick of .40 S&W, which, has been easier to get all along, but I have also seen some .45 in there in recent weeks.

Not every time, but from time to time.

TFred

TFred

imported post

TFred wrote:
Lately, I've seen the best local stock at the recently remodeled Walmart at Southpoint (near the exit formerly known as Massaponax).

I think people go in there and don't know where they moved the sporting goods to, but are too lazy to go look for it. :) I recently bought a 250 count brick of .40 S&W, which, has been easier to get all along, but I have also seen some .45 in there in recent weeks.

Not every time, but from time to time.

TFred
I was in this Walmart tonight, they had 3 boxes of this for $84.something.

TFred
Remington_UMC_45ACP_250pack_A.jpg