Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC seminar at Rylee's Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids MI on 5-15-10

Post imported post

MOC Inc will be holding a FREE OC seminar on May 15th from 11:00am till 2:00pm at Rylee's Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids MI

This is a good event for the person that wants more information on the legal aspects of OCing with or without a CPL.

The address is 1231 Michigan Street Grand Rapids MI 49503
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Autosurgeon, the address for the Rylee's in Grand Rapidsis 1121 Michigan St. NE according to their website. Which is correct?

Post imported post

They just moved to their new location just down the road from the old location.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Gotcha, thanks.

Post imported post

I'm going to try to make this. I can help if needed, if I end up being able to attend.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    I'm going to try to make this. I can help if needed, if I end up being able to attend.
    I would be glad of the help if you can!

We really only need a few folks to help with the seminar as this is primarily for folks new to OC and the room is small only holds 25 to 30

Also during the seminar they have stated we can have a representative behind the gun counter handing out info and taking donations.

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Dude, I think I can even make this. Weather depending we should also go for a short MC ride if you think you'd be on the bike?

Also, autosurgeon, good work!!!!

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Dude, I think I can even make this. Weather depending we should also go for a short MC ride if you think you'd be on the bike?
    That sounds great! Hopefully the weather is nice. If I end up being able to attend, I shouldn't have anything else going on that day so I'd have time to ride afterwards.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    EM87 wrote:

Sounds like a plan! If my brother attends and the weather is good we will both be on bikes as well!

Post imported post

btt

Post imported post

i'll be there

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    sevenplusone wrote:
    EM87 wrote:

Sounds like a plan! If my brother attends and the weather is good we will both be on bikes as well!
    I for one will be forced to go into work at 5pm, I work right downtown (about a mile from Rylees)...but I'd sure like to go for at least a short ride and perhaps grab a bite to eat (poss on the south end for those of you headed back elsewhere?).

Post imported post

ice_man08 wrote:
    i'll be there
    Welcome to OCDO Ice_man08

You canadd your location by going to My Account and then Profile. Pick USA under Country first and then pick Michigan under State.

Post imported post

BTT

Post imported post

ice_man08 wrote:
    i'll be there
    Welcome to the forum!

Post imported post

I'm new to the site and would like to attend the meeting at Rylee's also.

Post imported post

Cozmacozmy wrote:
    I'm new to the site and would like to attend the meeting at Rylee's also.
    Welcome! And we look forward to seeing you!

Post imported post

Assuming this runs on schedule and does indeed finish by 2pm I'd like to get some food somewhere in town. As a resident of the fine City of Grand Rapids I'd like to think I have a grasp on decent spots to try out afterword. That said, it may depend on who is going/CPL possession/etc.

I will have to be at work no later than 5pm downtown (a couple blocks from Rylees). Depending on if/how long we want to take a motorcycle ride (or perhaps other non-riders want to join) I can try to make a recommendation. For exmple, there is a BD's Mongolian BBQ on 28th St which is a cool place for a group (no idea on OC friendlyness). I will check tonight to see if they have a liquor license for info for our non-CPL joiners. Also, Kobe, which is on Rivertown Parkway near the Rivertown Mall. They do havea liquor license for sure.It's one of the places where they cook the food in front of you with the group sitting around the outside. Both of these are less than 20min rides/drives from Rylees and good for groups.

** For personal reasons (though don't let this affect your decision) I'd rather leave the city proper to OC at a business other than Rylees at the event.If you want to OC at a business in GR I'd have to be left out, in no way would I be offended as I don't expect the group to cater to my needs. I'd rather not discuss that further here, if you want to know PM me. That said, if you want to know some good spots downtown I'd be happy to steer you in the right direction.

Post imported post

I see no reason to stay in City proper... Go ahead and scout some locations. We will not decide on here but rather the day of the event we can decide which one we will go to.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I see no reason to stay in City proper... Go ahead and scout some locations. We will not decide on here but rather the day of the event we can decide which one we will go to.
    Works for me.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Works for me.

Post imported post

Cool!

Post imported post

Rylee's does have a sign up sheet for this seminar at their gun counter. They would appreciate it if people would sign up so they can be better prepared to accommodate us.

Post imported post

If you cannot make it in to sign up just give them a call and they will add you to the list.

Post imported post

I'll give them a call on Monday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast