Thread: Contra Costa County Sheriff Retiring

Post imported post

Sheriff Rupf is retiring the end of this year. Does anyone have information on the potential candidates regarding concealed and open carry?

Post imported post

Both are NOT in favor of it.Livingston is the worse of the two. He has been the chief of Concord, and not only has never issued a CCW, he is also NOT supported by the rank and file officers. He has many suits he is in the middle of fighting for discrimination, and his own officers do not support him.

Brian Kalinowski is supported by the rank in file, and has many more supporters. He has said, "..so the plan I support is addressing "good cause" and having that better defined so across the state everyone is treated the same.",..."if I am elected, I commit to looking at past practice for the terms and or conditions for good cause here in Contra Costa County. I will then be willing to modify if it makes sense, the terms and conditions on good cause. However, until I have a chance to sit down with the Police Chiefs throughout the county, I do not know where I would in fact change as there needs to be an agreement so the county as a whole is operating the same way."