Thread: Yet another question about Post offices

Post imported post

I went to Ace Hardware today on Princess Anne Rd near the intersection of Kempsville Rd. They apparently are a 'Postal Service Contract Unit', which means that there is a counter in the back of the store that offers all of the services of a post office.

My question is, does that effectively turn Ace Hardware into federal property? The lady working behind the counter was an Ace Hardware employee, not a postal service employee, which leads me to believe the answer would be no, but I'm not sure. I CC'd just to be on the safe side, but it's a scenario I haven't heard talked about before. Thoughts?

Post imported post

Short answer - no.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    Short answer - no.
    I agree.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Post imported post

user wrote:
    wylde007 wrote:
    Short answer - no.
    I agree.
    Yeah I figured, just wanted to be sure. I don't have the money to be a test case for the b.s. post office laws.

Post imported post

As I can remember from my days of reading pre-sentence reports, contract postal service facilities are Post Offices only in the fenced-off area where postal services are offered. (Sumdood held up a country store and after cleaning out the cash register up front went to the back and took some Money Orders & stamps - he got to do his federal time for robbing a Post Officeconcurrently with state time for ordinary robbery of the front of the store. Pretty sure the Feds would have handled both ends if the whole place was a Post Office/Federal Facility.)

As mentioned above, don't quote me as your defense theory.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

That just speaks to me as something that they would use to stiffen any charge. If your only "transgression" is open carrying, then there's not much they can do.

If you commit a crime, it gives them extra credence to throw the federal book at you.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.