Thread: Sheriff Chad Reiner of Northumberland County, nice guy

Post imported post

http://www.northumberlandsheriff.com/

The clerk of his firearms department was telling people open carry was unlawful, then to make matters worse passing the buck saying, "It's what the police officers told us to say, they don't want people open carrying firearms."

Yes, the word "us", speaking with Sheriff Reiner I didn't get the impression he knew what was coming from his office.

Sheriff Reiner stated he'll retrain his clerk to give a correct response when people ask about open carry. I also asked him to train people not to "pass the buck" in regards to the "the police officers told us to say..." remark. There isn't anything more rude to me than passing to buck.

I should note, apparently there might be disorderly conduct charges in Northumberland in regards to open carriers. Sheriff Reiner was saying, I didn't ask if this was in Northumberland, where people have been cited with a DC charge for open carrying in Wal-mart. He used the word brandishing and holsters in the same sentence, so I'm not sure if there were open carriers carrying a weapon other than in a holster.

Nice guy, young, though I enjoy talking with the older sheriffs since I tend to ensure casual conversations.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    http://www.northumberlandsheriff.com/

The clerk of his firearms department was telling people open carry was unlawful, then to make matters worse passing the buck saying, "It's what the police officers told us to say, they don't want people open carrying firearms."

Yes, the word "us", speaking with Sheriff Reiner I didn't get the impression he knew what was coming from his office.

Sheriff Reiner stated he'll retrain his clerk to give a correct response when people ask about open carry. I also asked him to train people not to "pass the buck" in regards to the "the police officers told us to say..." remark. There isn't anything more rude to me than passing to buck.

I should note, apparently there might be disorderly conduct charges in Northumberland in regards to open carriers. Sheriff Reiner was saying, I didn't ask if this was in Northumberland, where people have been cited with a DC charge for open carrying in Wal-mart. He used the word brandishing and holsters in the same sentence, so I'm not sure if there were open carriers carrying a weapon other than in a holster.

Nice guy, young, though I enjoy talking with the older sheriffs since I tend to ensure casual conversations.
    PA doesn't have any brandish laws...
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

mrjam2jab,

As someone making a reasonable attempt to relocate around the Pittsburgh area, I know PA doesn't have brandishing laws. The people were apparently cited with disorderly conducts (not by the sheriff's office).
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

I was once pulled aside by the sheriff after checking my sidearm to report for jury duty. Without going into details of the conversation, let's just say that he was satisfied with my understanding of the law regarding the matter.