Thread: Moving to Scottsboro From CA

Post imported post

Hey im moving to Scottsboro on may 26 (i leave ) I was hoping to meet up with the local troop umm lets meet up i want to get the details down on Al differences

Post imported post

Let me be the 1st to offer you a "Welcome to the Real World!". I don't know where Scottsboro is but was are having weekly meet-ups in Montgomery, Birmingham and North Alabama. Just take a look at the associated threads for details. Also, I know there was interest by a lonely OCer in south AL in getting one going there.

You can join us at www.AlabamaOpenCarry.comfor more Alabama OC related info.

MT

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
    Hey im moving to Scottsboro on may 26 (i leave ) I was hoping to meet up with the local troop umm lets meet up i want to get the details down on Al differences
    A few of the differences:

In Alabama

No 10 day waiting period (just pass an instant NICS check and walk out of the dealer with a handgun, rifle, or shotgun)

No state approved weapon list

Can have more than 10 round magazines

Can have a detachable high capacity magazine in an AR type rifle

Concealed Carry permits easily obtained

Very few places you can't carry other than federally restricted locations

Can actually load your carry weapon

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

Here's the location for the North Alabama meetup. I think it's 10:AM Saturdays, but check the North Alabama thread for the latest (in case they change times/locations).

Street level view.

Directions from Scotssboro.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

Congrats on escaping near-total tyranny and replacing it with partial tyranny.

Post imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
    Congrats on escaping near-total tyranny and replacing it with partial tyranny.
    Nice!!:celebrate

Post imported post

I've never seen a neutered gun from behind the iron curtain before,
    can't wait to meet up sometime, and see the relic with it's teeth.

We even allow two-tone models and threaded barrels, oh the horrors
    you will face in America. It might take months to stop going around
    schools with it locked in trunk like a common crook.
    But there is always intervention if needed to break the bad habits.

I would guess that our ~$15 fees will seem excessive after paying nothing
    for not having one at all. Just take it all in moderation while soaking up the freadom.

Post imported post

I don't know if you like fishin' or not, but if you do you made the right choice. Guntersville lake is legendary... So what brings you to scottsboro might we ask?

Post imported post

Friends moving back home to there and got asked to come along i jumped at the opportunity to escape this hell o btw i paid 156 for my ccw that doesnt include the 70 for the training course and ammo

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
    Friends moving back home to there and got asked to come along i jumped at the opportunity to escape this hell o btw i paid 156 for my ccw that doesnt include the 70 for the training course and ammo
    Good choice! I think you'll enjoy it here. Mine was $10 for Marshall co. No training or other BS, just a background check. Only reason i got it is because i do a lot of traveling to Ohio, and it's nice to have for other states.

Btw, If you ever need to defend yourself here (not likely) it should not be a big deal. My neighbor shot a guy that was siphoning gas out of his truck at 2:00 am, and the deputy told him that he would check the hospitals so he(my neighbor)could press charges. Then said have a nice day. I don't know about cali but in Dayton, OH. that would never fly. His house would've gotten raided and he'd be in prison.

Let yourgun, therefore, be the constant companion to yourwalks. ... Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book...

Post imported post

Thats EFFIN awesome, um apparently my friend and sheriff go way back umm for some reason i got offered a position as a deputy so this should good lol

Post imported post