• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Scottsboro From CA

Monkeytown

imported post

Let me be the 1st to offer you a "Welcome to the Real World!". I don't know where Scottsboro is but was are having weekly meet-ups in Montgomery, Birmingham and North Alabama. Just take a look at the associated threads for details. Also, I know there was interest by a lonely OCer in south AL in getting one going there.

You can join us at www.AlabamaOpenCarry.comfor more Alabama OC related info.

MT

acrimsontide

imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
Hey im moving to Scottsboro on may 26 (i leave ) I was hoping to meet up with the local troop umm lets meet up i want to get the details down on Al differences

A few of the differences:

In Alabama

No 10 day waiting period (just pass an instant NICS check and walk out of the dealer with a handgun, rifle, or shotgun)

No state approved weapon list

Can have more than 10 round magazines

Can have a detachable high capacity magazine in an AR type rifle

Concealed Carry permits easily obtained

Very few places you can't carry other than federally restricted locations

Can actually load your carry weapon

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I've never seen a neutered gun from behind the iron curtain before,
can't wait to meet up sometime, and see the relic with it's teeth. :lol:

We even allow two-tone models and threaded barrels, oh the horrors
you will face in America. It might take months to stop going around
schools with it locked in trunk like a common crook.
But there is always intervention if needed to break the bad habits.

I would guess that our ~$15 fees will seem excessive after paying nothing
for not having one at all. Just take it all in moderation while soaking up the freadom.

steveman01

imported post

I don't know if you like fishin' or not, but if you do you made the right choice. Guntersville lake is legendary... So what brings you to scottsboro might we ask?

stuckinchico

imported post

Friends moving back home to there and got asked to come along i jumped at the opportunity to escape this hell o btw i paid 156 for my ccw that doesnt include the 70 for the training course and ammo

steveman01

imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
Friends moving back home to there and got asked to come along i jumped at the opportunity to escape this hell o btw i paid 156 for my ccw that doesnt include the 70 for the training course and ammo

Good choice! I think you'll enjoy it here. Mine was $10 for Marshall co. No training or other BS, just a background check. Only reason i got it is because i do a lot of traveling to Ohio, and it's nice to have for other states.

Btw, If you ever need to defend yourself here (not likely) it should not be a big deal. My neighbor shot a guy that was siphoning gas out of his truck at 2:00 am, and the deputy told him that he would check the hospitals so he(my neighbor)could press charges. Then said have a nice day. I don't know about cali but in Dayton, OH. that would never fly. His house would've gotten raided and he'd be in prison.

Let yourgun, therefore, be the constant companion to yourwalks. ... Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book...