• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drunk Driver Shoots At Cop

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

http://www.break.com/index/drunk-driver-shoots-at-cop.html

It's a good thing the drunken driver fouled up his first shot. The officer fires a volley of rounds into the back of the drivers car and the driver crashes into a telephone pole.

This video shows up on break.com
Timing? Coincidence? Or maybe vids like these are intentionally posted to help propagate the irrational fear of guns? Thus attempting to reinforce the "guns are a threat" dogma that law enforcement are taught from day one.

wewd

imported post

The officer fired 14 of 15 shots from his Glock 22, only one of which struck the bad guy and killed him. The officer was recently cleared of any wrongdoing in the shoot by a grand jury (standard procedure in Montana where the shoot occurred). He survived because the hammer fell on a spent round when the bad guy stuck the gun in his face. He is extremely lucky to be alive.

Phoenix David

imported post

The Officer was very lucky and I am glad the BG is dead. The only other question I would have is did the other 13 rounds hit the vehicle? and that's just a curiosity question.

wewd

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
The only other question I would have is did the other 13 rounds hit the vehicle?

Only 6 rounds hit the vehicle, including the one that hit the BG and killed him, which went through the driver's seat.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_2dd02134-477f-11df-aba6-001cc4c002e0.html (Full article, well worth reading)

Excerpt:

Jessop could smell the alcohol on Davis as soon as he neared the window. He asked the man how much he'd had to drink that night.

"Plenty," came the reply.

Jessop said the face that stared out the window that night was hard to describe.

"It was argumentative ... very sure of himself, almost cocky."

Jessop asked him what he meant by plenty. A split second later the officer was staring down the barrel of Davis' .41 Magnum Smith & Wesson pistol.

"The end looked bigger than a quarter," Jessop said.

Jessop heard a click.

Davis pulled the trigger and the hammer fell on an empty round.

"My very first thought - after I realized it was a revolver - was I was terrified. Absolutely terrified," Jessop testified. "I recall thinking I wasn't going to see my wife again. I wasn't going to see my mom, my brothers or my sisters, or my co-workers or my dogs. I was terrified."

Jessop moved his face away from the threat as fast as he could.

"I did hear the click," he said. "I remember stopping. I was actually hoping it was just a joke ... I remember thinking why would you do that to an officer."

And then he saw Davis' head readjust.

"I remember thinking the reason he's readjusting his head is he's going to shoot again," Jessop said.

He ran toward the back of Davis' vehicle, while drawing his Glock 22.

He heard a gunshot.

"My next thought was I had to defend myself and eliminate the threat to me," Jessop said. "I don't recall drawing my weapon. I do remember my first shot. I was conscious that I was shooting my gun."

Jessop thought he'd fired seven or eight rounds. It turned out he'd fired 14.

Six bullets hit Davis' vehicle, including the one that drove through the passenger and driver's seats and into Davis' back.

After Davis' vehicle struck a building and came to a stop, Jessop loaded his rifle and got in his car and moved closer.

Ravalli County Attorney George Corn asked him why - after he'd nearly been killed - did he move closer to his assailant.

"My duty as an officer is to make sure the community is safe," Jessop said. "I had no idea if I hit him or not. My thought was to get close enough to keep the area safe and keep myself safe."

Davis was dead when he was pulled from his vehicle by officers not long afterward.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

The officer is very lucky. I am glad that the first shot was a spent round. Officer only recalled shooting 7 or 8 rounds. But really fired 14... only one hit the attacker and only 6 hit a target as big as a car. Yet 10 rounds is enough for CA residents to defend themselves...

The officer has a 1:14 defense ratio.

CA residents are only allowed less than 1 in 10 to survive. CA Legislature at it's finest!!!

giaking70

imported post

March Hare wrote:
Darwinian Evolution in action: Elimination of the Stupid!

I'm glad the officer didn't get hurt.
like the old saying goes...."you just can't cure stupid"...would be a great training video showing how to NOT take your eyes off of a contact, good job trooper!!

Phoenix David

imported post

So about 40% hit the target, the realist in me says that's probably pretty damn good after having a gun stuck in your face, it going click, your life flashing, then moving, getting shot at, drawing and shooting at the BG

Wc

imported post

This topic here is about us,our fellowship the'open carry' man shooting the cop.
This threads necessarily reflect upon the open carry movement as the press, mediaand general public do read our postings from search engines.
Theyare blames us by you in this California's page from Montana.
Please delete it.

Phoenix David

imported post

This is also a place to talk about current events and this is an event.

I don't care if the "media" reads any of this, the media no long reports the news they post opinions and political agendas. How often my dog goes to the bathroom is of more interest to me than what the media thinks.

grammar checking is your friend.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

Wc wrote:
This topic here is about us,our fellowship the'open carry' man shooting the cop.
This threads necessarily reflect upon the open carry movement as the press, mediaand general public do read our postings from search engines.
Please delete it.

Every time something like this event happens the ripples affect ALL of us across the entire country. Situations like this are used against law abiding citizens and we are all lumped together in one big "gun owner" pool of "muck". This is a sad reality.

A very good friend of mine and Veteran Marine is also a gun enthusiast to say the the least. He was pulled over for "taking off "too fast" from a stop light. The first thing out of the Milpitas officers mouth was, "So I ran your plates and it says you're a GUN OWNER! Please step out of the vehicle." My friend was cuffed and put in the back of the patrol car while the cop wrote him a ticket for "exhibition of speed". My friend was told that he was being cuffed for the "officers safety." My friend was all "yes sir" and "no sir". Very respectful. Soon an older officer came out and jumped all over the younger officer for the way he was treating my friend.

The danger of a traffic stop for every officer is very real. However, videos like these are used to feed peoples fears. I fear that this video feeds the general public's fears.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
So about 40% hit the target, the realist in me says that's probably pretty damn good after having a gun stuck in your face, it going click, your life flashing, then moving, getting shot at, drawing and shooting at the BG
Wrong, only 7% hit the target. 40% hit the vehicle. Hitting the vehicle wouldn't stop any further attack, so all but one shot were misses.

In addition to the point SomeGuyInCali made about our mag capacity restrictions here in CA, there's another good lesson to learn from this: we all need to train, train, train. When the adrenaline is pumping, your body is going to do what you trained it to do. Most people probably watch more action movies than they spend time at the range training. IMO, this leads to what we have in the above situation: "spray and pray." This cop's lack of training could have cost him his life.

On a bit of a tangent... this is why I don't play FPS games. (That's First Person Shooter for the non-gamers out there.) I believe these games teach bad strategy. It's OK for a game, because you always "respawn" and get to go right back into the fray. My concern is, when the adrenaline is flowing, will your brain revert to the 5-or-so hours of range time you get each month, or the 50-or-so hours of gaming you do a month?

I hope my fellow gamers take the above seriously... your life could depend on it some day.

Gundude

imported post

The last FPS game I had was the old version of Wolfenstien. I had a cheat code so I had unlimited life and ammo. wolf.exe goobers

greg36ff

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
Wc wrote:
Please delete it.

Every time something like this event happens the ripples affect ALL of us across the entire country. Situations like this are used against law abiding citizens and we are all lumped together in one big "gun owner" pool of "muck". This is a sad reality.

A very good friend of mine and Veteran Marine is also a gun enthusiast to say the the least. He was pulled over for "taking off "too fast" from a stop light. The first thing out of the Milpitas officers mouth was, "So I ran your plates and it says you're a GUN OWNER! Please step out of the vehicle." My friend was cuffed and put in the back of the patrol car while the cop wrote him a ticket for "exhibition of speed". My friend was told that he was being cuffed for the "officers safety." My friend was all "yes sir" and "no sir". Very respectful. Soon an older officer came out and jumped all over the younger officer for the way he was treating my friend.

The danger of a traffic stop for every officer is very real. However, videos like these are used to feed peoples fears. I fear that this video feeds the general public's fears.
You sir are either a a liar or your friend is.This never happened. Eithern that, or there are huge holes in this story. A DMV check reveals nothing about weapons. Why would it? This seems like a troll post to push peoples buttons or inspire anger. This is the type of thing that destroys your credibility. Very trollish.

1245A Defender

imported post

at least in washington state a computor check by the copps will be cross reffrenced and report if the registered owner has a CPL, and in some places will even report what guns that person has bought thru an FFL!!

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

greg36ff wrote:
SomeGuyInCali wrote:
Wc wrote:
You sir are either a a liar or your friend is.This never happened. Eithern that, or there are huge holes in this story. A DMV check reveals nothing about weapons. Why would it? This seems like a troll post to push peoples buttons or inspire anger. This is the type of thing that destroys your credibility. Very trollish.
How does this inspire anger sir? How does this seem like a troll post? The term "troll" seems to be over used these days. Everyone else is a troll I guess. I have been a member of this forum for a year minus 1 month. <edit> about a year now.</edit>

The officer either assumed, or determined that my friend is a gun owner somehow. It happened on the overpass to Dixon Landing Road in Milpitas. Regardless of how the officer obtain the information, my friend was severely harassed in the name of "officer safety".

greg36ff

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
greg36ff wrote:
SomeGuyInCali wrote:
Wc wrote:
How does this inspire anger sir? How does this seem like a troll post? The term "troll" seems to be over used these days. Everyone else is a troll I guess. I have been a member of this forum for a year minus 1 month. <edit> about a year now.</edit>

The officer either assumed, or determined that my friend is a gun owner somehow. It happened on the overpass to Dixon Landing Road in Milpitas. Regardless of how the officer obtain the information, my friend was severely harassed in the name of "officer safety".

You are correct that the term "Troll" is overused here. It's probably not the right term to use in this case. What I was implying was that you were throwing something out there just to "stir the pot" and see what happens.

I was not there with your buddy that night, so I really have no idea what happened. I should not have thrown the "liar" card out there. I am sorry for that.

What "inspires my anger" is when I hear stories that seem to be missing huge piece of information, or seem implausible on their face such as, "My buddy was walking to church with his elderly mother when he said "good morning" to a cop. FOR NO REASON AT ALL, the cop just started hitting him with a baton".

I cannot deny that everyone (to include cops) does stupid stuff, but there has TO BE SOMETHING MISSING from that story.

Some people just run with the story though and once repeated, it becomes gospel.

Again, I am sorry for the liar comment. I will crank up the, "think about it first before you send" filter a bit higher on my send button.