• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock match @ Washoe Co. range

Yard Sale

imported post

Glock is having their GSSF match at the Washoe range this weekend (May 1-2). Just show up and shoot at your leisure. They give out a bunch of guns and money. The three courses are easy, but one of them has targets out to 25 yards. Drawing and reloading isn't part of the courses.

It's been a while since I've shot GSSF but the carry rule was no mag, slide locked in holster, if you don't bag it. It's a cold range so if you want to show up and shoot yourloaded OC Glock you're going to have to find a range officer immediately and ask to be supervised as you unload.

http://www.gssfonline.com

http://www.wnpl.org

Yard Sale

imported post

Wow, bad news. I took my Glocks out to practice Friday and my G26 concealed carry gun repeatedly failed to fire and had one nose dive feed failure. I thought could have been due to the light loads I was working up. I didn't think the 3.5 connector would cause it but I replaced it with a standard connector anyway.

Saturday at the match the armorer pointed out my firing pin spring was all gunked up. I never clean those; after all I never shoot these guns, just carry them. It fired fine after cleaning but then had more nose dives. The armorer replaced the offending mag's spring and follower but it later nose dived again. The other mags ran fine, but this was the mag I kept in the gun for CCW. Yikes!

I completely fell apart in the match. I had a potential win going in Master Stock with my 17and gave up a bunch of time on the plate rack, perhaps the easiest stage. What the heck? Another USPSA GM came from out of state and cleaned up. He was particularly impressive with subcompacts.