• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC IWB?

DustoneGT

imported post

I like my Crossbreed IWB holster, but I'm wondering if I tuck my shirt in behind it, will I have any trouble with AZ LEOs trying to say it's concealed?

Not like it will matter once the new law takes effect, but in the mean time...

GF

imported post

You mean like the two girls on the right at the top of the page? Still OC in my book.

Thoreau

imported post

Well if you already have a CCW permit (assuming you do since you have that holster) it doesn't matter if it's open or concealed, so the opinion of a cop is meaningless.

If you have no such permit (and since the new law isn't yet in effect) I can't say for certain, but *I* would consider that to be open carrying. I often OC (and CC)my USP in a Galco Summer Comfort which is IWB, but since I have a permit, I have to admit that I've never really looked into the technicalities of doing so without a permit.

I'd imagine that if you're just going about your business, most cops in AZ would glance right past ya.

rodbender

imported post

Came to AZ for bike week and forgot to pack my CQC paddle holster. OK, I just carried with IWB and tucked my shirt in. Saw plenty of LEO's and store operators with out a hitch.