• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I UOC a gun show.

anthonyakadayday

imported post

I plan on attending the ontario gun shoe may 15th and 16th and i am just wondering if they allow UOC. I dont see why not because they check all firearms to see if they are unloaded, and what do they concider loose ammo. are loaded mags allowed. I contacted crossroads and havent received any responce yet.

Decoligny

imported post

anthonyakadayday wrote:
I plan on attending the ontario gun shoe may 15th and 16th and i am just wondering if they allow UOC. I dont see why not because they check all firearms to see if they are unloaded, and what do they concider loose ammo. are loaded mags allowed. I contacted crossroads and havent received any responce yet.

If you UOC at the gun show, DO NOT carry any ammuntion for the weapon you are carrying. DO NOT buy any ammunition for the gun you are carrying. It is against the law.

SECTION 12071.4[/b] (a): This section shall be known, and may be cited as, the Gun Show Enforcement and Security Act of 2000.

(g) No person at a gun show or event, other than security personnel or sworn peace officers, shall possess at the same time both a firearm and ammunition that is designed to be fired in the firearm. Vendors having those items at the show for sale or exhibition are exempt from this prohibition...

PincheOgro1

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Because they are afraid they will run out of zip ties. Don't they zip tie the actions?
Never open carried at a gun show, but I heard this is common practice even in other states... which I find very strange... My knife can cut a zip tie no problem.
Ths gun show I went to last year, allowed UOC. at the entrance, they have a table for inspection and zip tieing. I bought 250 rounds of ammo, and my wife (who had a back pack) carried it for me. I offered to switch with her, but she said it was ok. I love my wife.

giaking70

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Because they are afraid they will run out of zip ties. Don't they zip tie the actions?
Never open carried at a gun show, but I heard this is common practice even in other states... which I find very strange... My knife can cut a zip tie no problem.
Ths gun show I went to last year, allowed UOC. at the entrance, they have a table for inspection and zip tieing. I bought 250 rounds of ammo, and my wife (who had a back pack) carried it for me. I offered to switch with her, but she said it was ok. I love my wife.
so what's Crossroads official ruling on this? Be a Crossroads Gun Show here in San Diego in a couple of weeks...

anthonyakadayday

imported post

I was thinking of just OCing with no ammo or loaded mags. I just plan on getting some glock parts there.

Decoligny

imported post

The only way I would open carry in a gun show is if I was with someone who could carry my full magazines.

UOC without even having any access to ammunition is just carrying a gun for show.

If you have someone with you, they can carry your full mags and if something happened where you needed to load up, they just hand you the mags and you load up.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
...I bought 250 rounds of ammo, and my wife (who had a back pack) carried it for me. I offered to switch with her, but she said it was ok. I love my wife.
On my first pass, my sleep-deprived brain read "250 pounds of ammo." I don't even think my wife and I combined could carry that much.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Just leave the gun in the car. What is the point of open carrying a gun that you have no ammo to and the action is zip-tied open?

PincheOgro1

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
...I bought 250 rounds of ammo, and my wife (who had a back pack) carried it for me. I offered to switch with her, but she said it was ok. I love my wife.
On my first pass, my sleep-deprived brain read "250 pounds of ammo." I don't even think my wife and I combined could carry that much.
LOL CA_. 250 pounds of ammo wouldn't even fit in the little school back pack. Still funny though

PincheOgro1

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
so what's Crossroads official ruling on this? Be a Crossroads Gun Show here in San Diego in a couple of weeks...

This was a "Crossroads Gun show" I went to. I emailed them before hand. This is their response:

XXXXX- thanks for your inquiry. You are welcome to bring your unloaded firearm to the show. You will need to check it in with us before entering the show- there will be a gun check table near the entrance. We hope to see you there!

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:09 PM
To: gunshows@crossroadsgunshows.com
Subject: Gun Show Orange County Fairgrounds 1/30-31/2010

Sir/Mam,

I amplanning to go to the Gun Show at the Orange CountyFairgrounds at the end of the month.

I am a new gun owner.Will it be allowed to UOC my personal firearm at the gun show ?

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX