• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC worth the $20

nate0486

imported post

I have been thinking about joining MOC for a while now. I have not done so due to the fact that it seems like it is more about politics and egos then looking out for the members. Any feed back will help.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nate0486 wrote:
I have been thinking about joining MOC for a while now. I have not done so due to the fact that it seems like it is more about politics and egos then looking out for the members. Any feed back will help.

TBH, I've not seen them put the money I gave em the first go-round to good use.

$50 for a charter member. Where'd the money go?

autosurgeon

imported post

hmmm well I think it is worth it... Of course I remember how things were before 3 guys went to Mickyd's one cold day with their guns in the open for the first time!

Have you taken a look at our forum and the previous events list on our website?

remember OCDO is NOT MOC's forum.

autosurgeon

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
nate0486 wrote:

TBH, I've not seen them put the money I gave em the first go-round to good use.

$50 for a charter member. Where'd the money go?
Promotional items: Fliers, Keychains, mugs, Pens and other items that we sell or use to promote open carry...

Banners for events.... popup awnings for booths at festivals and Parks...

I could go on and on with where your money and mine was used..

It really is not that hard to understand...

kyleplusitunes

imported post

also, the money you spend to join MOC goes to promote oc related things in the state, banners etc, we have 100 members last i checked?

you spent 20 or 50 dollars to join, with that money, what do you expect? a penthouse clubhouse for MOC members down at the ren center?

ask not what MOC can do for you, but what you can do for MOC.

what is worth 20 bucks? that's chump change, I don't care who you are.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Yeah its worth it.

I was able to put a sticker on a door, that was worth it. BTW, where do I get more?

And I met this guy, and while talking he asked, Are you one of those guys from MOC? To be able to reply honestly , "Yes I am", was worth the 20 bucks all by itself.

22-250

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Yeah its worth it.

I was able to put a sticker on a door, that was worth it. BTW, where do I get more?

And I met this guy, and while talking he asked, Are you one of those guys from MOC? To be able to reply honestly , "Yes I am", was worth the 20 bucks all by itself.
What sticker?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Ya know, that yellow smiley with the round through the forehead.

Seriously, When my new member packet came, it had an open carry welcomesticker for the door of a buisiness. It was my pleasure to try to find a door for it. Which I did.

WARCHILD

imported post

What did I get for my fifty bucks? Call it an insurance premium.

I'll tell you, a great group of people to go throughout the state and make it easier for me to OC without the worry of getting jacked up by some LEO looking for a chance to enforce his opinion with a badge.

To educate the uninformed and spread the word of the freedoms we do not want to loose.

To remove illegal laws and city ordinances on the books to keep you from going to jail.

To meet other like minded people who wish to protect their self and family.

To let the BG's know we are aware of their activity and will defend ourselves against them.

Promote, support, and vote for legislation to return to us our rights and freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

And the number one reason I spent fifty bucks:
It's only a drop in the bucket of the thousands of dollars I would have to spend to cover my legal team to get me out of a possible felony conviction.

So what did I get for my fifty bucks? A few trinkets, coffee cup, certificate; total worth fifty bucks, no.

The security to walk where I legally can and be able to defend myself....PRICELESS!!!

JMO

mikestilly

imported post

I'm still waiting to see the financial statements of how our money is being spent. So far it's been in the cloak of darkness. Word of mouth is not the way to know how things are being spent legal documents are. Instead of support and help with my picnic I got we're pulling out SEE YAA! Thanks for nothing.

Warchild. I didnt see MOC help out at the Szerdi case. It was us OC'ers who stood up for him and helped turn the tide of the case from an over zealous cop who was on a power trip. Not MOC. Didnt hear a peep from MOC. What cases are you referring to? You're giving the impression that MOC would defend someone in a legal challenge. I highly doubt it when a case with simple support of a non-member was needed MOC was nowhere to be found. I still see the same problems that existed when I first became a member. Same ole issues still exist. MOC is scared to change or think outside the box. Even suggestions are knocked down and receive negative responses.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

How many times do folks here need to be reminded that MOC, Inc. is run by voluteers? Unfortuately, wecan not afford to have a Wayne LaPierre on board that can suck upnearly a million a year from us. Stop and think a bit before you post.

WARCHILD

imported post

What cases are you referring to? You're giving the impression that MOC would defend someone in a legal challenge.

Where do you see that implication? I made no suggestion as such.
Don't read between the lines and make unfounded statements.

And yes, MOC attempted to set up a defense fund and the whole thread turned into a major SH*T storm. No one could agree on who gets how much, who has to pay back how much, who determines who qualifies for support from the defense fund?

And yes his case was supported by "us oc'ers".....who do you think MOC is...it's us oc'ers....

If you have so much dislike and contempt for MOC or your pride was hurt....QUIT.
I'm sure the board would gladly refund your membership fee, if they won't let me know and I'll send you a check just to shut you up and quit crying.
I have noticed you have done more to disrupt and stir things up simply because you are not in the center of the limelight. Well, grow up Mike, if you don't like it here start your own group and run it how you see fit.

cabman1

imported post

How many time do you spend 20.00 at MCDonalds your 20 dollars is being put to good use!!After a McDonalds lunch all you have is an empty stomach!!!

LETS NOT START ARGUING

WARCHILD

imported post

Not going to argue....made my point...nuff said.

BTW; I don't eat McD's, haven't for 6yrs.
Causes me to sit on the porcelain throne...repeatedly.:uhoh::uhoh:

viperar15

imported post

mikestilly wrote:

I'm still waiting to see the financial statements of how our money is being spent.
Mike.... what did I say in my email when I accepted the treasurer position?

I think I said something on the order of End of April so that I could get all the details together, etc. I actually get my house to myself tonight too! GF is headed out of town to hang out with her friends at MSU... this means I can easily sit and not be disturbed while I work on this! :-D

WARCHILD

imported post

Where do you see that implication?

Forget to answer the question?
Yes I take it personal when someone implies I said something I didn't.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
How many time do you spend 20.00 at MCDonalds your 20 dollars is being put to good use!!After a McDonalds lunch all you have is an empty stomach!!!

LETS NOT START ARGUING

Jesus christ. I've never spent $20 at one time in a fast food restaurant.