• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANTIOCH CA MEETUP SATURDAY MAY 1ST 2010 10:00am

1opencarrier

imported post

Fellow Californians

We welcome you to attend this meetup of the EASTBAY / NORCAL/707Open Carriers.Together We promote safe and respectfull open carrying. We have buildt a reputation of mutual respect with the Public as well as Law Enforcement.Please join like minded people where you can express your opinions as well as statagies with fellow open carriers. We have open Carriers from as far as Roseville and Vallejo attending We have successfully had meetups in Richmond, Vallejo, Walnut Creek, Martinez and Oakley where we have raised citizen and Community awareness and educated the public on their rights to open carryfor self protection and the protection of their families. looking Forward to seeing you this saturday Event starts at 10:00am till 1:00pm

Carry On

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Please dont be offended when I ask you, but who are you again?

So far you have four posts under your belt, you havent taken a moment to introduce yourself, but you have called for a boycott on California, called to support a press conference, and scheduled an open carry meetup at a locationthat has been exhaustively pointed out is not a location where we do not wish to wear out our welcome with large groups.

So, before we commit to all this action, I think the forum is entitled to a little background on where you come from, how you got involved and what your objectives are- Because right now, my 'spidey senses' are tingling.

dirtykoala

imported post

I think iopencarry is on these forums more as a liason from the facebook page or other CAOC cites. There's much more traffic on facebook than here, I don't check it out that frequently though.

Iopencarry

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
I think iopencarry is on these forums more as a liason from the facebook page or other CAOC cites. There's much more traffic on facebook than here, I don't check it out that frequently though.

Iopencarry and the other 2 with simular names are NOT, I repeat NOT the same person.

On that note, dirtykoala is correct that I am just passing info on from facebook to those of you here that do not like facebook.

While I do believe I know who 1opencarrier is, I of corse am not 100% possitive, as of yet.I just have not had the chance to talk to him yet to be sure. IF he is who I think he is, he is a good guy and on our side.

markm

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Iopencarry and the other 2 with simular names are NOT, I repeat NOT the same person.

On that note, dirtykoala is correct that I am just passing info on from facebook to those of you here that do not like facebook.

While I do believe I know who 1opencarrier is, I of corse am not 100% possitive, as of yet.I just have not had the chance to talk to him yet to be sure. IF he is who I think he is, he is a good guy and on our side.
Hey Iopencarry (Dale),

I have been confused by the 1opencarrier handle thing also. I will look at the handle carefully before I assume that I am responding toyou.

markm

pullnshoot25

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
I marked the site of this starbucks it falls well short of a public Elementary School. It's only about 750 feet away.
Take a screenshot and post it please. It looks like we may have an issue with this new member.

coolusername2007

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

You might want to start using anavatar as a visual aid to separate yourself from the other 2-3 similar usernames.

1opencarrier

imported post

Hello fellow open carriers I am ONE open carrier. I am the organizer of eastbay open carry and 707open carry together with Norcal open carry. we have been doing events since January. we have open carried in Richmond, Vallejo, Martinez, Antioch, Pinole, everywhere we have gone was without incident. I was at the Capitol fighting for our rights in opposition of AB1934. Mark and Dale have met me and can vouch for my dedication. Sorry that I didn't intro myself sooner as I just joined opencarry.org.

Thanks

1opencarrier

imported post

We have walked the distance off with a measuring wheel and we are over 1200ft from the Middle school no elementary school near there. and we are 1020ft from the charter school thanks for checking anyway.

1opencarrier

imported post

Pullandshoot

what do you mean by your comment below please explain!!!

Take a screenshot and post it please. It looks like we may have an issue with this new member.

dirtykoala

imported post

it seems like the starbucks is not within 1000ft of a school, but it is cutting it really close. if you parked a block or 2 away in the wrong direction you would violate 626.9

EDIT: The parking lot for Starbucks is deffinantly within 1000ft of aschool. If you are going to attend this event, unless you are very confident you havnt parked in a school zone, you can be safe by carrying your gun in a locked container until you get inside or very close to starbucks, then holster your gun.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

i can see that you've got some experience with setting up meets as you have posted. but how did you make the measurements, from starbucks to the center of the school or the edge of the school zone?