• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry here in Lakewood

Glock17

imported post

Ok so I decided to open carry a couple of weeks ago. From my apartment to my mail box and back. I know itsnot much but it was a big step for me. I had my little .38 snub nose on my side which is my favorite carry because it is really light weight. Showed the neighbor who was out smoking. Plus printed out a brochure for the guy who lives up stairs. He seemed interested in it when he saw me as well. He is an active military guy and seemed to like the idea of open carry. All in all thats my story. And kudos for the brochure it looks awesome and makes a great talking point for those of us who are scared to talk about these things. Believe me I get nervous sometimes about this stuff. But mostly I feel good that there are people who open carry and defend our freedom. Cheers

amzbrady

imported post

Little by little it will get easier. Hook up with Pdiddy, it will be easier when you have someone with you. Before you know it youll be open carry and forget your even walking around with it on (Till a cop walks up on you, and you get all nervous, just to find out nothing happened and you got all freaked out over your own fear). Least thats what happened to me. I've now had to cops near me and neither one said anything. Congrats on making the leap. I still mostly CC, but It's nice to know I dont have anything to worry about when I take my jacket off. So many times before I found this site, I would have my jacket on and be all uncomfortable, cause I was hot and sweaty. Now it's all about my comfort.

Glock17

imported post

Yeah if a cop walked up to me I would probably try to pull out a brochure if I had one just to break the ice. I am not good with words under pressure. Though I can get angry if someone is obviously just attempting the raw exercise of power. Other that that I am shy and don't like to get into confrontations with anyone because I believe all people are Created by God and deserve respect and love. Cheers

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great first OC, it will get easier meet some folks for coffee, if your nervous break yourself in slowly.

When it comes to speaking with LEO, I found demeanor is a lot. And being knowledgable, if you know you are right and show confidence, and can hit the key points in the law, you shouldn't have much problems.

erps

imported post

When it comes to speaking with LEO, I found demeanor is a lot. And being knowledgable, if you know you are right and show confidence, and can hit the key points in the law, you shouldn't have much problems.

Good advice.

Magic words in LEO contacts.

"am I being detained?"